Medical Questions > Mental Health > Eating Disorders Forum

Craving Orange Jucie

Must Read
Anorexia nervosa is one of several eating disorders. But what is anorexia exactly and who does it affect? Get anorexia basics and facts in this short intro....
Although doctors don't the exact causes of anorexia, there are a few factors that put certain people at risk of developing the condition. Click here for more....
What are the most common signs of anorexia? We list the physical and behavioral symptoms of anorexia here and outline when to seek help....
Hello, I am a 28 year old active woman. For the last 3 days I have been craving orange juice. I am not pregnant. I have a history of diabetes in my family, but other than that there are no medical problem. What could be the cause of this odd craving. Help
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Suga
|

replied September 15th, 2003
Experienced User
I think I understand, you see, for a period of 4 or 5 days i'd wake up in the middle of the night and crave orange juice. First off, oj has some of the most important minerals in abundance. Your body probably lacks one or two of the minerals inside of oj, and so your body sends signals to your taste buds giving you a craving for that which you need. Could be a vitamin c deficiency. Maybe an iron deficiency. Maybe a zinc deficiency. Thus it varies. I wouldn't be worried about it.

Patrick
|

replied October 7th, 2003
I go through periods of craving things....
For a few days all i'll want to eat is tuna fish and crackers...
For another few days all I want is pasta and meat sauce.
Another few days i'll want chicken and rice...

I honestly think it's your body telling you that you need something.

That's what it meant when I was pregnant... I'm sure it's probably the same thing...

Oj is a pretty safe craving, too.
If you were craving chocolate cupcakes and hershey's kisses and eating them every day and all night - i'd worry...
|

replied June 18th, 2006
Although at times cravings can be your body telling you need a certain food property most of the time it is all in your mind. Orange juice is perfectly healthy thing to consume and nothing to worry about ( as long as thats not all your consuming). There could be emotional attachments deep in your subconcious telling you that oj is something that will make you happy, it seems like a crazy theory but is very often the case.

Have fun drinking that orange goodness :d
|

replied November 6th, 2007
Craving Orange Juice.
Today I have had 7 glasses of OJ ... I decided to Google Cravings - Orange Juice and this is were I ended up... Well good to see i am not on my own.
Smile Wink
|

replied May 2nd, 2010
It happens to me as well. Once every few months I wake up in the middle of the night (normally I never do) and I have to chug a half gallon of OJ. Then I go back to bed. My wife and I call it the "OJ monster" or "Orangacula." It only happens every 2-3 months. I don''t know why either. I eat a balanced diet.
|

replied August 30th, 2010
Craving OJ
I am currently drinking a large OJ from Micky D's.......my fourth.....and i've had the runs from drinking too much OJ. *sigh
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Kokil Mathur
User Profile
Anand J. Singh
User Profile
Dr. Kokil Mathur
User Profile
Anand J. Singh