Medical Questions > Mental Health > Eating Disorders Forum

Opposite

Must Read
Anorexia nervosa is one of several eating disorders. But what is anorexia exactly and who does it affect? Get anorexia basics and facts in this short intro....
Although doctors don't the exact causes of anorexia, there are a few factors that put certain people at risk of developing the condition. Click here for more....
What are the most common signs of anorexia? We list the physical and behavioral symptoms of anorexia here and outline when to seek help....
Most people think of eating disorders like anorexia or bulemia but my problem is the opposite, I eat way too much, and I usually eat when i'm not hungry. Sad

i recognize that I am an emotional eater, but I dont know where to begin to stop. I just want to be healthy, but I cant with my intake of food. Plase help me!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 14th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Get some professional help and there is nothing to be ashamed of, heck, we all need a little help sometime!
Sincerely,
sandy
|

replied June 1st, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
I agree, eating counclers can be a big help. There are also medicines that help people with emotional eating.
|

replied July 21st, 2004
Have you looked up oa (overeaters annonymous)? Overeating is a very common eating disorder. Try and find a group that specializes in overeating. Lots of people don't understand what it's like to have food control your every moment of life. When you are binging, and you know you shouldn't, but can't stop. Maybe you could speak to a doctor about getting a referal to a eating disorder therapist.

Kitty
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Harpreet Singh
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile