Medical Questions > Womens Health > Hysterectomy Forum

to Have Or Not to Have a Hysterectomy

Must Read
Is ovarian cancer connected with ovarian cysts? What types of ovarian cancer do doctors diagnose? Get the basic facts on ovarian cancer here....
Some women are at higher risk of developing ovarian cancer. Who is in the highest risk group and what can you do to reduce risk of ovarian cancer?...
Ovarian cancer symptoms can be vague or caused by many other conditions. Learn what to look for and know when to seek help for ovarian cancer here....
Rolling Eyes today a gyn Dr. Called and said I had results from test which was by a camera inserted into the vagina and pictures this was a repeat from before a d&c about 2 months ago well he said the cells were still norman and the growth was the same size and there was no sign of cancer but that the uterine wall was 5 cm ? And normal was 2.5 cm and that this disturbed him since he thought it would shrink. Lets do a hysterectomy and be safe he suggest . I am asmatic and I also have been without a sex life for over 20 yrs. Now I am planning on a relationship and I want to be whole for this man. Also all my family has died of ca one form or another. The alternative is to wait for a yr and see what developes, I am at a loss why the push for the hysterectomy when things are normal and not changed I do realize there is a thickness and that there is a dormant growth. What to do I have no pain, no discharge and I feel great. And this was all found by accident in a screening because of routine weight loss after the death of my husband two yrs ago. Am asking what would you do? Oh I am 69 yrs old. Question
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 16th, 2003
Extremely eHealthy
I dont know if I would have, its real risky. My mom had it and she was in alot of pain. Then she has to take alot of pills for the hormones and if she goes off, her mind starts going whacky because the hormone isnt balanced. Then my aunts sister in law, went in for one recently and she never made it back out. She was about 40 and everyone was shocked that she passed aways from it. You should think about it.
|

replied September 18th, 2003
to Have Or Not to Have a Hysterectomy.
I am only a week past my total hysterectomy. Ovarian cancer hit 1 in 60 women and is't detected until the last stages. (too late) I am on the patch and so far so good. Ask your gyn about adnomyosis (not sure of the spelling) I am 44 by the way. My uterus measured 244 cc last january (normal is around 65 cc) on monday sept 8 after a weekend of almost hemmoraging my uterus was twice the size it had been in january. I am still recovering but so far so good. I don't feel any less of a woman and I feel "whole". Any man who can't accept you as you are or may become you need to think about. My husband is wonderful and very supportive and helpful in my decision of a total hystectome. But his mom last a breast to cancer in "85 and his dad didn't think any less of her and his sister passed away in '93 from ovarian cancer. So he knows what can happen. Think of yourself firtst. If you are not there whole or not it won't really matter.
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Dr. Robert Wascher
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Anand J. Singh