Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms Forum

Negative Blood Test And Pregnant? (Page 1)

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Hi girls, happy to be onboard. This is frustrating. I feel pregnant. Sore breasts, nausea, and had imlantation (dark brown spots for 5 days, 5 days ago. Ive taken two home urine tests with no line and a blood test 3 days after implantation symptoms which came out negative too! I feel pregnant because of the sore breast and nausea. Has anyone found that they were pregnant with a negative blood test or did I have the test too early. Thanks for your input. Maryann
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper tolsbaby
|

replied May 8th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
I had this when withdrawling from b/c pills, I thought I was preg too. The only way to know for sure is a positive pregnancy test.

Good luck,

~jennifer~
|

replied July 18th, 2004
Experienced User
Hey the same thing happened to me I thought I was preg to becasue I started getting lite pink spots and then little dots of blood for 5 days and it was to early for m,y periods I waited till I was late and I did a home test came out negative then the doctor gave me a blood test negative to I got my periods after 2weeks of late periods and now my brest are really sore that I kant touch them or lye on my stomach I canot be pregnant becasue I did 3 test and they allc ame negative so I dont nw what your situation could be because im sure im not pregnant but got really sore breast.
|

replied October 31st, 2005
Blood Test
Hi don't count on blood test. September 24 found out I was prego then a week later started bleeding lightly I was worried call my doctor and he said it was ok as long as you don't get cramps or blood clots I was very stressed and worried tested a week later and it said negative went to the doctors and they took a blood test it was 1 they told me I might of had a miscarriage but there was something down deep inside said I was still carrying the baby well this past weekend I was feeling really sick I took a test and it was a positive I havent had sex since before the bleeding this morning went to another doctor and the tested me and told me you hormones can be wacked out I am 10 weeks along
|

replied October 7th, 2011
That is so cool. Congratulations. I have had the same with three negative results but I still feel different. I dont want to get excited yet.
|

User Profile
replied November 15th, 2011
Me too! Last time I had a period was Aug 6th and i haven't sence and like a month ago i had blood work done and hpt and neg but i feel no cramping nothing...I'm nervous and when i went to the er and told them when i was having dizzy spells and throwing up they didn't even think of checking by ultrasound they just go by those test. I am scared to find out if I am not when what is wrong with me. Sad
|

replied November 24th, 2011
Hi I have the same problem i had 3 positive home pregnancy test and today when i went to the doctor cause i had this cramp and a back pain. The doctor took blood test and came out negative. I should be 3 weeks. What should i do?
|

replied November 24th, 2011
i should be 5 weeks
|

replied October 31st, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
No set facts in science--
|

replied November 2nd, 2005
Experienced User
I am in the exact same boat as you are
keep me posted

best of luck
casey
|

replied November 10th, 2005
Me too...I have a ton of signs (nausea, tired, discharge, sore breasts, headaches, missed period, etc etc) I haven't been on birth control pill for months and months, been having normal periods ever since getting of the pill. Had a blood test yesterday and it was negative??? I just feel pregnant, but I don't know. Retest?
|

replied January 16th, 2007
Just Wondering
Hi i'm new to this but lately i've been having some issues with my periods. In december I was due to start my period around the 11th but didn't start until the 26th. I've been regular for some time now but several years ago was told I have pcos. On the 5th of january my bf and I had sex, the next day I had some slight bleeding and called my gyno. They had me do a home preg. Test, came out negative. That whole week tho, and currently i've been getting awful migranes, just suddenly happened. Anyway, the next day I had my family Dr. Do a blood drawn test which also came back negative. Then this morning we had sex again, first time since the bleeding and the same thing happened again, a little bit of blood and then nothing else. This has never happened when we've had sex before and we've been together a little over a year now. I have an apt. On the 24th, but could use some advise.
|

replied January 30th, 2007
Hey
Well im sort of in the same predicament you're in. I posted the followin the am I pregnant forum and I got a really out of place answer lol but here it is...

I started my period a full wk early this month I usually get it on the 18-20th of every month...I got it on the 12th. I had sex on the 17th and my boyfriend took off the condom (i was too into it to notice lol.) and came inside on purpose. On the 21st my boyfriend and I both started getting symptoms. Although, I only had them for two days. He has been, nauseated, vomiting, and even passing out(till this day jan 29th)! I feel fine. (in the other forum, a girl said that that was stupid and impossible but.......Check it out lol) he might have what are called couvade symptoms, sympathy symptoms...So it is possible for a male to have all the female pregnancy symptoms while their wife or girlfriend is pregnant with his child. It can be due to a psychological reaction to a pregnancy.

But, back to the subject...I took the home test on the 22nd and it came out negative. I went to the dr on the 25th and took the qualitative urine test and it came out blurry or unclear. They then took the qualitative blood test and it also came back negative but they realized it was too early to take those test results as a final answer, since it had only been 11 days.

I was reading up on medications that might affect the results on a pregnancy test, whether it be urine or blood, quantitative or qualitative. To my understanding, both the qualitative urine and blood test only say yes or no. The quantitative test measures your hcg level which has to be above 5 or something in order for there to be a possibilty of a pregnancy. However, if you are takin the test too early, neither test registers your pregnancy.

Finally, if you have taken promethazine or compazine (both medications for vomiting or nausea) it can alter the final test results...Im still in the dark as to where I should take the damn tests again lol... Hope this can be of help...If I am incorrect sumwhere along my explanation, plz feel free to correct me :d
|

replied January 27th, 2009
hello
hi i just wanna know if its possible that im not pregy, because i had my period jan.1 and im not taking pills me and my husband had a sex on jan.12 and 14 of this month which they said im fertile,. and now i had a brown spot today jan.26 which is i expect my menstration on jan 28. to jan29 is this mean im not pregnant, coz we really want to have a first baby,..
|

replied March 27th, 2009
All test negative but having symptoms of pregnancy!!
I am very regular at my periods, But i was expecting one on March 2oth but dint get it... I did home pregnancy test and it was negative. I went to the doc and he took urine test which was negative and blood test which was negative too... But having all the symptoms of pregnancy( Mild cramps in my lower abdomen, frequent urination, feeling very tired, hungry, sleepy etc...) Could i be pregnant??? or do i have to wait for some more time?Please let me know...
|

replied March 28th, 2009
all test negative by having symptoms of pregnancy!!
So as like most of you I am in the same boat. Me and my husband have been trying for 18 months to have a successful pregnancy. My last pregnancy ended up an ectopic at 9 weeks and I was rushed into emergency surgery where I lost my right tube.
I ovulated on the 3rd of March and my period was due on the 16th. I was 4 days late when I started spotting. my usual periods are so heavy you would think I was going to bleed to death but with this one I barely spotted for 5 days. (Like spotting 1 or 2 times a day) I have had so many pregnancy symptoms I swore that I was pregnant (ex: constipation, sore breast, leaking breast, nausea, stuffy nose, headaches, lower back pains, tired....and the list goes on.) Well I have taken 7 HPT and 1 blood test. All have come out negative. I talked to my dr.'s nurse and she said that it sounds to her like I am pregnant and my body may be taking a little longer for the HcG levels to rise high enough for anything to register. I have an appointment with him this coming Friday to have an unltrasound to see if I am actually pregnant!
|

replied March 30th, 2009
Experienced User
omg hodgolf!! me 2!! i did 2 tests both neg Sad but really sore breasts,eating a lot ect..yesterday i wiped myself after goin to the loo and here was a lil blood.same thing once today... what could that mean?? my last period was 19th feb,so if im meant to be on my period 28days later,which means i couldbe 11 days late?????? when shud i test? as iv done 2,one 2days late and one last week...
|

replied March 30th, 2009
Well I ended up in the ER last night do to pains that reminded me of my last ectopic. They did ultrasound and blood and urine. All came back clear. So I am not pregnant, I don't have a urinary track infection and I don't have kidney stones. They told me to follow up with my dr. We are now thinking that I may have had a cyst on my ovary and it ruptured. I don't know if that can cause the delayed period or spotting but my temps were up until yesterday when they plummeted. My breast are still tender and I have horrible lower back pain still. But they say that can happen after a cyst ruptures on your ovary. I am going back to the dr. on Friday. Dont' want to scare anyone...this is just what happened with me.
|

replied March 31st, 2009
So I did some research and found these following symptoms of a cyst from Mayo Clinic:
* Menstrual irregularities
* Pelvic pain � a constant or intermittent dull ache that may radiate to your lower back and thighs
* Pelvic pain shortly before your period begins or just before it ends
* Pelvic pain during intercourse (dyspareunia)
* Pain during bowel movements or pressure on your bowels
* Nausea, vomiting or breast tenderness similar to that experienced during pregnancy
* Fullness or heaviness in your abdomen
* Pressure on your rectum or bladder � difficulty emptying your bladder completely

Which I had every single one of these. Hope this may help some of your questions if you keep getting a negative pregnancy test I would get into your Gyno and get checked. Good Luck Everyone!
|

replied May 27th, 2009
all tests negative but pregnancy symptoms!
I am 20 years old and have been with my current boyfriend for almost 4 years. i have been on birth control on and off for 8 years but have taken it every month for since i have been with my boyfriend. late last year i started screwing up with my pills, forget three days continue forget another couple days, everything seemed to be fine as i was getting my period 2 days after finishing the month as usual. by the way my periods are EXTREAMLY heavy and i get so crampy i hunch over in pain when i get them. they have been this way since i first got my period and it is normal for me my mother was the same way. anyway, beginning of this february my period was a little late (blamed it on being screwy with my pills) and was extreamly light, pretty much spotting and i had NO cramps. i thought nothing of it because i had screwed up with my birth control. that month i had to go without birth control as i needed a refill and there was a screw up at the pharmacist which i wont go into detail about. my boyfriend and i had unprotected sex (we dont like condoms and never have used them) a couple times that month again not really thinking about it. and in the beginning of march i started to notice breast changes.. my aerolas which were big to begin with were even bigger, my breats ached and i noticed these crazy red veins on my breasts that almost make my breasts look bruised from a distance away. blue veins were also dark. i took 4 hpts one week apart each and all negative. i didnt get any sort of bleeding until late march and again it was very light and no cramping. in mid april it was the same thing but even lighter and shorter and i havent had one since. i have been going to the doctor since i noticed my breasts change and he nodded it off and said it was from goin off birth control. i reminded him that i have been off of it several times in my life but have never had anything close to this happen. he then sent me for bloodwork to check everything and to see what else it could be. everything came back normal and or negative. not pregnant. then my doctor left the clinic. i went to see another doctor in the clinic and demanded an ultrasound because this has gone on too long and he agreed. i went for my ultra sound and the moment the lady started she hid the screen from me, which doesnt seem right, and i kept asking her what do you see? and she would say i cant tell u, i would ask does everything look normal? and again she wouldnt tell me. she did both an internal and external abdominal ultrasound and the whole time was very into it and taking lots of stills but wouldnt even look at me. she then told me she was done and that the doc would have the results in a week.. i have since then called the clinic and asked for an appointment but all the docs are swamped because my doc left. has anyone ever heard of anything like this??? my abdomen is swollen and very uncomfortable now but no pain and im nauseous but no vomiting im extreamly tired and moody.. i need advice.
|

replied May 27th, 2009
Especially eHealthy
Sounds like you are not pregnant but are having some birth control withdrawals. This is quite common.

I understand in the past you haven't felt you had any difficulty coming off of birth control, but that was then and you and your body are different now.
|

replied June 26th, 2009
late period; pregnancy symptoms; negitive pregnancy/ blood test
both blood test and hpt are negitive after waiting 2 weeks after IVF embryo transfer. they said stop all the medicine and we'll try another cycle.. i feel as if i'm pregnant. i hope not just psychological but sore breasts, nausia, frequent urination, very emotional!! i feel different down there and it doesn't feel like a period (which i'm late) but i'm expecting to get it since the horrible news from the non sympathetic doctors.
|

replied June 30th, 2009
my dr said sometimes it's just too early, every woman is different. I say just treat yourself like you are pregnant and as hard as it is try not to think about it. Otherwise wait a few weeks and ask for an ultrasound. At about 8 weeks an ultrasound will tell you much better than any blood/urine test. nothing is 100% in science
good luck! Smile
|

replied July 2nd, 2009
so glad I found this site!! My period is 5 days late (unusual) and for the past week and a half I have been nauseous, extremely tired, a weird taste in my mouth, urinating waaaay more, food aversions, you name it. For the last 2 days my breast have been pretty sore, especially in the nipple area, and I have noticed little white bumps that weren't there before. I took 2 HPT and they were negative,I went for a blood test on Tues and just found out this morning it was negative!!
I was soo sure I was pregnant that I was shocked when I was told that wasn't the case. Not sure what my next step is, except maybe just wait it out, but thats enought to drive me crazy!
For the record- I was not trying to get pregnant, but am not on birth control either, so I really dont' think it could be in my head. At the same time, I definitely would be happy if I was pregnant. Any thoughts??
|

replied August 23rd, 2011
the same thing is happening to me right now, its so relieving to find some one in my nexact same shoes. although this morning i experienced light bleeding , which is supposed to be the 33rd day after my last menstural period. stil hopefl, my partner feels this was all in my head.
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
User Profile
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov