Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Vision and Eye Disorders Forum

blurry vision in right eye, headache (Page 1)

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
In the past 4 weeks i've developed blurry vision in my right eye. Its very troubling because nothing seems to be helping. I've had a history of sinus problems, but my vision has always been healthy. I went to an opthamologist who said my eye was healthy, possibly some allergy bumps, but nothing serious. My vision in my right eye is consistently deteriorating and I'm worried it may be something neurological.

I see fine up close, but can barely read street signs with my right eye from afar. I have headaches on the right said of my head now and it feels like something is just in my eye. If anyone knows what this could be, or if I should be worried, I'd appreciate your advice.

Paul
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile MandMs
|

User Profile
replied March 5th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Did you get the headaches along with blurred vision?
Do you eel pain when you move your eye or touch it through the eyelid?
Are you suffering from a chronic sinusitis?
|

replied March 8th, 2008
Hi,

Yes, I do suffer from chronic sinus problems. The headaches did not come before the eye bluriness. The bluriness is pervasive, I have it in the morning when I wake up and when I go to sleep. It doesnt really hurt when I touch through my eyelids, but it is a little tender. I went to an opthamologist and he said that I do have some allergy bumps around the eye, but the eye structure seemed fine. He prescribed a topical steroid, which hasnt made any improvement. The bluriness is severe in my right eye, but my left eye vision is good. I think the headaches come from the lack of quality of vision in my right versus my left eye.

It feels like something is in my eye sometimes, and there is some pain. I've had problems with my sinuses for the last 5 years, but never blurry vision until these last few months. My vision up close in both eyes is fine, but my vision in my right is completely blurry beyond 5 feet.

Thank you for any help or advice you can provide.
|

User Profile
replied March 12th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Are you experiencing nausea or vomiting?
Do you see haloes around lights?
Is the blurring of your vision intermittent?
|

replied March 14th, 2008
The blurry vision is constant. It seems stongest in the morning and during the day, and a little better at night. Again, it's only in my right eye, my left eye vision is fine. I have no nausea or vomitting and don't see any halos etc. I had an eye exam and my vision in my left eye is 20/15 and right eye was 20/40.
|

User Profile
replied March 24th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Do you have blind spots in your central or peripheral vision?
Have you noticed some loss of color vision, too?
|

replied November 27th, 2012
Hi.. I am 34 now and recently experiencing all exact symptoms you mentioned and what PBchami user was describing. I see this post is hijacked in the middle and I am curious to know what is causing this blurry vision in one eye (right eye) and how to get through this. Its already two weeks I am this way and unfortunately my doctor is on vacation. Can you please share some details. Thanks
|

replied June 25th, 2009
Me too!!
I have been having problems with this as well for a very very long time not... I lose my periphial vision mostly just on the right side it comes and goes, I was seen by a doctor and I am hypoglycemic so they blamed it on that, but sugar never seems to correct the problem. it just seems like it's getting worse and worse, and when I am driving with my children in the car I have to pull over and let it pass which can take up to an hour, if I am calm it seems quicker if I freak out over it it has been known to last two hours. HELP Please
|

replied August 30th, 2009
Hey skk2905, your problem is different from the one pbchami is talking about. MandMs seems to ask the correct questions. I have the same symptoms. Blind sopt in the central or blurry vision on the central, loss of color, sinus problem, slight headache on the right side...

has this problem been solved? any idea what might be causing this?
|

replied September 4th, 2009
Blurred Vision getting worse
I have had blurred vision from time to time. This started in my late teens, early twenties but is now (the past few days) only getting worse. In the past it would happen every six months or so but the past two days has happened four to five times a day. It starts out as a small halo-ish pulsating blurr in the center on my line of sight. It then slowly expands outward increasing in size and taking the shape of a crescent. It then disappears as it rounds its way outward eventually disappearing from periferal vision. This is usually a 15-45 minute cycle every 2-3 hours. I believe it's coming from my left eye as the outer edge of my eye is red. It has been this way sporatically since my early twenties also. Last night I had my wife look at my eye closely to see any obvious abnormalities... we found the spot that's red seems to have no reflection from light... i.e.. the rest of the eye is glossy but this area seems to have lost that 'glossy coating'...and the past few days I've had terrible migrane headaches in conjunciton with my current symptoms.
Can anyone relate or lead me in the right direction?

I apologize I seem to have posted on someone else's thread... wasnt my intention...
|

replied August 16th, 2010
i always get these it worries me it happens every 3 months or so but today i had it twice and i had such a bad headache can some please please please help me out Sad
|

replied August 25th, 2010
Blurred vision in right eye
I have been having the same thing and I have had excellent vision for years. I will be 40 years old this October. Have no clue why all of a sudden my right eye vision is going blurr on me at random and most of the time for long periods of time.
|

replied October 9th, 2010
Im 29 and have been going through these issues for a long time now.Doctors couldnt find out what was wrong after dozens of tests so i pretty much just gave up. Today my head was pounding alpong with a blurry line going through my right eye so i decided to search the web and i guess im not alone...
|

replied December 23rd, 2010
con't.
me too guys. right eye only, intermittent blurring with loss of peripheral vision, blind spot or giant floater in center (not sure), increasing pressure behind my right eye throughout the day which leads to a killer right-side-only headache. i have other health issues but this doesn't seem to fit. my doc kinda blew me off and mentioned it was probably trigeminal neuropathy but i don't think so. i'm going to see an eye doctor.
|

replied March 7th, 2011
Herpes of the eye seems to be a possible reason, per other sites?
|

replied June 9th, 2011
can anyone help/ right eye blurriness
i fell asleep the other day for a few hours and when i woke up my right eye was blurry...i was recently prescribed contacts but really dont need them unless i drive at night... so i might wear them once or twice a week for 2 or 3 hours at a time... the vision in the right eye has been blurry for about 2 weeks, no matter if i am up close or far away from something it stays the same blurriness...there is a constant pressure in the eye area along with skin or muscle numbness in the cheek and temple area...when i blink i can see a dark shape that appears and disappears as though i had looked at a light bulb for to long...but can only see it when i blink then its gone....it started out with only seeing very blurry outlines of things and people i was looking at... at night time i can see dim lights on cars but cant see the vehicle at all no matter how close i get behind them.... its like there is a dark window tint over my eye that i cant see through....if anyone knows what could be causing this please email me
|

User Profile
replied June 11th, 2011
Community Volunteer
Hi tanktrx and welcome to ehealth: I think you should contact the doctor who prescribed the contacts...Having worn contacts myself, I know for a fact that they can be difficult getting used to at night...I question if there may be something wrong with the contact that fits into the eye in question...Possibly some scratching..Please check it out as it is always possible that some damage could be done to the eye itself...If it was me I would stop wearing them until I checked this out...Take care...

Caroline
|

replied June 11th, 2011
i dont think it would be the contacts since i rarely wear them...yes the problem started after i was prescribed contacts but i hadnt worn them in days when i started having this problem...im not an eye physician by no means but i did some research online and most of the symptoms relates to what they say could be a blood clot behind the retina causing the sudden blurry symptoms so ill be making an appointment asap since that could lead to a stroke or heart attack if not taken care of....
|

User Profile
replied June 11th, 2011
Community Volunteer
Hi again: Then I will go another way...I don't know your age, but spots and blur also can be a sign of Macular Degeneration...Have it checked out as my husband had this problem years ago...They had to do laser surgery or he could have gone blind in one eye...I still question the contact as a possiblility of a scratch or injury occurred in the early stage of your wearing them...Do have this checked out and please keep us advised....Take care...

Caroline
|

replied August 2nd, 2011
Hi there,
For the past few days I've being having the same sypmtoms though not as bad. My long sited vision in my right eye is quit blurry and I havn't noticed a change in the time of day. I have never had glasses or contact lenses and had perfect vision before this. Im only 15 so that rules out it being age. I was wondering if their was any develope in finding out what was happening with your eye?
|

replied August 2nd, 2011
Hi there,
For the past few days I've being having the same sypmtoms though not as bad. My long sited vision in my right eye is quit blurry and I havn't noticed a change in the time of day. I have never had glasses or contact lenses and had perfect vision before this. Im only 15 so that rules out it being age. I was wondering if their was any develope in finding out what was happening with your eye?
|
12 >>