Medical Questions > Cancer > Bone Cancer Forum

lump in both arms in elbow crease (Page 1)

hi,

i am just wondering if anyone can help me and let me know whats going on.
For the past 2 years or so I have had a lump in each arm in the elbow crease & also a lump in each upper arm(symmetrical to one another) they do not hurt to touch or anything. the ones in the upper arm i can move around freely(they are kind of long lumps and not round) but the ones in my elbow crease are round and not so movable.
they have not grown at all, they're just there. i am not feeling any other symptoms or anything. i do have a strong history of arthritis in my family, my mom was diagonised with RA, 2 years ago.
I am 24. overweight.female.

thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper leah31
|

User Profile
replied March 2nd, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
I think you should visit your doctor to check these swollen lymph nodes.
Some immune and autoimmune diseases can cause swelling of lymph nodes, and such a condition is rheumatoid arthritis.
Are you experiencing morning stiffness of your joints (fingers, wrist)?
Do you have painful joints?
|

replied March 3rd, 2008
hi i don't think it is swollen lymph nodes, the lymph nodes near the elbow are on the sides, this is right in the center of my elbow crease in both arms.
|

User Profile
replied March 5th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Do you find this lump in elbow crease more palpable when you bend your elbow?
Is it located more superficiale or you need to check for it more deeply?
|

replied October 12th, 2008
lumps in arm crease
Did you ever find out about the lumps in your arm? I am having the same symptoms except mine have changed over the past two weeks and my arms have been very sore. I thought it might be lymph nodes but their not in the right places. Let me know if you ever found out anything. I'm 25 and dont think that I should be feeling as crappy as I have been plus with the lumps Im a little concerned.
|

replied February 24th, 2009
any news on this?
has anyone heard anymore on this post?
|

replied March 3rd, 2009
hello. I have the same problem. I have two lumps near my elbow at exactly same size. they are on the surface so when I bend my elbow they are more palpable. they are mobile so I can freely move them. they are very hard, painless. so please tell me what is it
|

replied May 1st, 2009
I have it too.
I have one on the inside of my elbow at the crease. It is about the size of a small egg and my arm is sore when I bend it. I just lost my health insurance.
|

replied February 4th, 2012
Lump on Inside of Elbow Area
I also have a lump on my right arm inside my elbow area tender I got a tiny cut from a box a few weeks ago thought that may have caused it ? But now very concerned as it is swollen tender at times and I also have NO insurance....but must say I am worried............Hope it is nothing serious ?
|

replied May 2nd, 2009
and do you know what it is? I'm a weithlifter and I thought it could be because I lifted too heavy. Do you train?
|

replied May 2nd, 2009
Reply to bulzika
Probably not like you. I do the new CurvesSmart and I do light weights at home, and videos and Gazelle etc.

In 2001 I fell backward off some stairs that had no railing, shattered that arm below elbow and I have a pin and a plate there, but this lump is above all that.

It has been there a while, but the arm did not hurt till the last three weeks. First I thought something to do with the injury, but that was so long ago.

I developed rosacea last year and I showed the lump to a dermatologist a few months back and he told me to see a surgeon and have it removed. Then I lost my insurance for now.

So, no, I don't know what it is. It scares me that it didn't hurt for so long and now hurts all the time. The lump itself does not hurt, but the arm hurts when I move it or lift ANYTHING, hurts from elbow down. I guess it is possible that this is two separate things? Maybe the pin or plate broke or moved and that is the pain? But then if that is so, what is the lump? Let me know if you find out anything, please, and I will do the same.
|

replied March 29th, 2010
Swelling in fold of arm
Hi, I have a swelling in the fold of my left arm. It is about 2 inches long and runs from the centre of the fold toward the elbow - my arm aches. About 3 months ago the same arm was very weak - could hardly change gear. For the past 5 weeks I've had this lump. I should go to the doctor but to be honest because I' 51 and over weight - they don't give you the time of day.
|

replied August 27th, 2010
Swollen gland in my arm
I have a place right above my left elbow that seems swollen. It doesn't hurt. About a year ago I felt two little bitty knots that my husband said was probably just some fatty tissue. they didn't hurt either and I i'm not sure I can even find them now. What could this possibly be? I have insurance and an appointment but I would LOVE to know something NOW
|

replied July 7th, 2011
SWOLLEN PLACES AT THE CREASE OF MY ELBOWS ,WHERE YOU TAKE BLOOD
WOW, I HAVE THIS ALSO > I HAVE HAD IT FOR ABOUT A YEAR BUT MINE IS ON THE INSIDE OF MY ARM , AT THE CREASE, LIKE WHERE THEY TAKE BLOOD OUT OF THE VAIN, WHEN I TOUCH IT , IT SOMETIMES HURTS, AND I DO HAVE THE SAME THING IN MY UPPER ARMS , LIKE WHERE A PERSON WOULD MAKE A MUSCLE, MY ARMS GET WEAK AND SORE - ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ELSE, I AM STIL RE- SEARCHING THIS AND WHAT KIND OF DOCTOR WOULD BE THE BEST TO GO TO , ANY ONE KNOW ?? THANKS
|

replied October 17th, 2011
Lumpin arm
Me too. I have doc apt tomorrow. Go to your emergency room if you don't have insurance. It could be seres.
|

replied October 24th, 2011
I'm a teen and I have a pea size bump on my right inner arm below my elbow crease , it dosent hurt and has no Odd color so I kinda picked at it and now it looks like a bug bite and it's also red help?
|

User Profile
replied October 25th, 2011
Especially eHealthy
Pwiggs94,

You have set up an inflammatory reaction in the skin. It might also be a slight localized infection. Clean the area thoroughly with soap and water. Place a small dry dressing over the lesion (like a bandaid). It is okay to wash the area when you take a shower, just dry it after the shower and replace the dressing.

Try not to touch or scratch the area. It should resolve in a couple of days.

However, you need to watch for increased swelling, redness, or drainage. If you develop any of these symptoms or develop red streaks up the arm, then you will need to see your physician. You may need antibiotics and/or drainage if these occur.

Again, keep the area dry and clean. And try not to pick at things.

Good luck.
|

replied October 28th, 2011
Swollen supratrochlear lymph nodes in both arms
I am 37,f, with history of Intracranial Hypertension, hpb,hypothyroid, diabetes 2, and lymphadema in both legs.

For over a year I have had large swellings in the inside of both upper arms, not back near point of elbow but closer to inner upper arm. From what I can tell these are swollen lymph nodes. They were large, but not painful. now the left side is the size of a apple, and painful, with pain radiating to elbow, back of arm, forearm. it is NOT red, or hot to the touch. it actually feels cold at times. Im upset because I cant bend my arm, and with all my various medical issues im sick of going to drs. PLEASE tell me if any of you have figured out the cause of your arm swelling.

Robin S
|

User Profile
replied October 28th, 2011
Especially eHealthy
justrobin,

The size of an apple is pretty big. Individual lymph nodes don't get that large. Though a cluster of nodes might.

Since it is painless, which is a good sign, it may be a lipoma. They are a common tumor composed of fat cells and are benign. They can range in consistency from a very soft mass, to a very firm one.

But, that size of a mass should be evaluated. There are many things that it could be, some benign and some significant.

Good luck.
|

replied October 29th, 2011
Hi Gaelic,

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer. I should clarify that it is in both my arms (much worse on left) and that while it was painless for a year, now it is actually very painful and radiating pain near my elbow and up shoulder/down arm. My first thought was also Lipoma because it is a soft mass on top, although I can feel a firmness under neath. Im going to try to go to the doctor monday since It seems Im slowly losing some of my arms function.

wish me luck Smile

Robin
|

replied December 3rd, 2011
elbow pain, swelling inside elbow
Just Robin

Did you find out what it is? I have something quite similar going on and went to doctor who did not seem that concerned but did order an MRI which I just had done. I'm waiting for the results now.

Conchita's Mom
|

elbow pain, swelling inside elbow
Just Robin

Did you find out what it is? I have something quite similar going on and went to doctor who did not seem that concerned but did order an MRI which I just had done. I'm waiting for the results now.

Conchita's Mom
|

update
No, unfortunatley I have no answers. It seems because I'm overweight my health problems do not matter to the Dr's and are disregarded. It has not gotten better, and I can no longe pick up my 30lb child. They have ordered no tests to determine what this could be. I'm not sure if you can have matching Lipoma's, but my Lymphedema therapist mentioned that I had the symptoms of something called Dercum's Disease, i haven't had a chance to look it up yet, but from what I understand it is actually painful fatty tissue. I have the same type of lumps in my legs near the bend now. Best of luck to you Conchita's Mom!
|
12 >>