Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

white vaginal discharge

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
I Need some help. I am a female and I am 20 years old. Ever since I had my first period when I was 12 i've had a white vaginal discharge. I am late on a pap smear but the last one i had everything was normal so i never brought up the discharge to the doctor. I've read many articles online that say vaginal discharge is normal but is it normal to have everyday? The discharge is thick and white. I notice it in my panties and when it dries it stains the panties. I also notice it when i urinate. (i can see the white stuff in the toilet usally 2 to 3 drops). The discharge has no odor so i dont believe its anything bad. but please someone tell me if i am okay. Crying or Very sad
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 28th, 2008
Experienced User
Dont Worry, everything is fine, Smile it is normal for every lady to have discharge Smile
|

replied February 28th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Vaginal mucus changes throughout the month according to the hormonal cycle. It will be thick and clumpy, then thin out and become stringy and then thicken again. All of this is normal. Yes, you will have it in your panties and perhaps see it drip in the toilet. Without this mucus we would never get pregnant and intercourse would be agonizing. Just one of the wonders of being female!
|
Users who thank antigone for this post: WeirdLife 

replied September 23rd, 2009
me too i have this white discharge but i do not have regular periods right since the first time i had them..after few tests i found to have cysts on my ovary wil this effect my pregnancy?im worried plzzzzzzzz help...Sad
|

replied January 4th, 2010
i found i have cysts and a condition called polycystic overies. usually obese women get it. but im not, but yes, sometimes it can effect pregnancy, making it harder but not impossible, from what ive read and been told.
|

replied April 7th, 2010
im 18 years old and get this too since i was younger..some days there is lots and some days very little but its still every day. Does everyone get this? I''ve never had any pain with it and it has no odour. Have always wondered about it so please comment back!
|