Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

anal sex, vaginal pain after

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
User Profile
my boyfriend asks me to do something knew since we are on out of town vacation, and he wants anal sex, so we did, it was successful, but after we did that, i started to have an ouchy feeling as if he is bumping into something that is really painful and swollen inside my vagina everytime we are doing vaginal sex.

i am worried about that painful intercourse (the usual vaginal sex) after we did that anal sex, which was not painful when we did it.

the vaginal pain is unbearable that im stopping him in the middle of doing it, we are on vacation, and i dont want to spoil it, but it is really painful, so i would just ask him to just do me anally, which i don't think is okay and normal, (or am i wrong? is it just okay to do that) since i really can't to do vaginal sex and i can't see my gynecologist since we are out of town.

please help!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 28th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Anal sex is personal preference. As for the vaginal pain, you do need to seek out medical attention for this. Is he being too aggressive during intercourse and hitting your cervix? This can be painful. Do go to your doctor when you get home. Best of luck.
|

User Profile
replied February 29th, 2008
Experienced User
thanks a lot!

yes, sometimes he is a bit aggressive, i told him he might be hitting my cervix, but he insists, it is impossible, but it is, right?

and i a worried that during sex, lately, i often make him stop, i know he understands that im feeling something painful, but im also thinking that it is annoying on his part. any suggestions?

thanks a lot!
|

User Profile
Experienced User
yes, it is definitely possible and quite common. he doesn't have a cervix so he probably wouldn't know. but yes, it is very possible to hit it during sex and also very painful.

he gets annoyed at you wanting to stop because he's hurting you? that sounds a little insensitive to me. i understand that he wants to have sex, but wouldn't he rather you actually enjoyed it too rather than just endure the pain for his sake? besides, there are other things besides sex that you could do and both enjoy. has he tried doing things to make it more comfortable for you or does he just pound away?
|

User Profile
Experienced User
well, we did anal sex for the meantime since i really cant to vaginal.

he stops everytime i said it really hurts, he said its okay and he is sensitive to what im feeling, it is just that its me who thinks that even if he says it is okay, i am just worried that it might be annoying on his part. or i just worry too much???
|

User Profile
replied March 1st, 2008
Experienced User
i understand, i felt the same way when i was in that situation. and that was for a good 2 months that we couldn't have sex. but he always tells me that he doesn't want to hurt me and that he's glad i stopped him if it was hurting. and i just remind myself that he would be even more bothered if i just dealt with it so that he could finish and then he found out later that i was in pain. because i know he cares about me more than sex.
|

User Profile
replied March 2nd, 2008
Experienced User
he told me that we will not do it until the pain is totally gone...

he even search medications over the internet, and search about my condition...

felt better.... Smile

thanks a lot!
|

replied June 23rd, 2008
Girl, it sounds more than either a bacterial or yeast infection (probably the former). Weird discharge is not a given to have either infection. Go to the doctor or your gyno and have them do a culture. I'm willing to bet that bacteria from your anus made its way into your vagina during your experiment (you aren't unclean, it's just that everything is so close together down there). If you did acquire BV, then take care of it sooner than later as BV can cause Pelvic Inflammatory Disease and sex will continue to be painful.
|
Quick Reply