Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Lungs and Respiratory Disorders Forum

Pulmonary fibrosis causing shortness of breath, dizziness ?

Must Read
Asthma affects more than 22 million Americans. But what happens during a respiratory asthma attack? Learn the basics about asthma now....
Some people are more likely than other to be diagnosed with asthma. Learn if you are at risk of asthma in this section on risk factors and causes of asthma....
How can you identify the signs and symptoms of asthma or respiratory problems? We list the common asthma symptoms here and discuss asthma problems....
Dear all,

I am 23 years old male, having almost 4 months:
- shortness of breath(always/anytime), can not take deep breath.
- palpitation(sometimes)
- tingling sensation on my upper back, my finger and my foot (very often)
- dizzy, feeling weak.

I had a history on asthma, but my SOB didn't response to asthma medication. Recently, my doctor prescribed me Singulair, Allegra, Xopenex, Flovent (since he told me that my SOB is because of asthma). I did 3 chest x-ray tests (last one was 2 weeks ago, came out normal), spirometry test, EKG, Echo, holter monitoring, TSH blood test. All test were normal. With this SOB I can't concentrate while studying and doing another activities. My peak flow is around 500 L/min while the normal for my age and height is around 610. (I'm 5'7" high)

My questions are:
1. Is it possible that my SOB is because of Pulmonary Fibrosis/Interstitial Lung Disease? I was a motorbike rider when I was an undergraduate student. Is the exposure of air pollution (from vehicle for example) can cause Pulm. Fibrosis?

2. What kind of test need to be done to know whether my SOB is because of Pulmonary Fibrosis or not?

3. Does normal chest x-ray result can rule out Pulmonary Fibrosis/Interstitial Lung Disease?Do I need to have CT scan on my Lung?

Thank you very much

Heribertus
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 28th, 2008
My father had Pulmonary Fibrosis. The Dr. told us that the only test that can determine what type of fibrosis he has was a lung biopsy. He said that there is treatment for 2 of the type of fibrosis. Ask your doctor about that.
|
Did you find this post helpful?