Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

possible STD ?

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
Is there anything else that could delay my period for more than two weeks?

Like an STD or any illness?

Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 27th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Stress, hormone imbalance, pregnancy. STDs do not necessarily delay your period. Do you have any unusual vaginal discharge and odor? STDs are usually accompanied by both. Do a pregnancy test.
|

Experienced User
well see the weird things is that i've tested 2 times and recently was like 3 or 4 days ago and they were both negative. I have no unusual discharge in any way. i figured it was stress but it has never effected my period this way. i had spotting that really only showed when i wiped and it was a dark brown color and lasted a few days.

I'm so confused.

my bf and i had unprotected sex the day before my last period(January 9-14). but no positive test yet.
|

Extremely eHealthy
Stress can absolutely cause your period to be late. The dark, brown spotting was most likely old blood. Blood will darken and brown when it is old and has been sitting in the body.

You can try another pregnancy test. HCG (human chorianic gondotropin) is the hormone that pregnancy tests check for. If the level is low the test will come back negative. It should show by this time. If the test is negative, relax and don't dwell on this. When you relax about it your period will probably start. If not, go to your gyn. Hope this helps.
|

Experienced User
thanks!

i just called to and set up an appointment for monday. it's just hard to not think about it.
|
Quick Reply