Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

Taking the pill a few hours late

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
Normally I take my pill between 11:30am and 1:30pm, is this alright? I never take it at exactly the same time everyday, usually more around 12:30pm, but yesterday I took it around 2:30pm. Because I took it a couple hours later, this won't lower the effectiveness of the pill, will it? This is probably a really dumb question, but I'm fairly new and I just want to be 100% sure. My boyfriend and I still use condoms, the birth control is basically just a back up, like if the condom breaks or something along those lines, but I still need the bc to be effective.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 27th, 2008
Especially eHealthy
Yep!! That's fine ^^ You have to be 6 hours late for the pill to be "late".
|

replied February 27th, 2008
ok, great! thank you!!
|

replied January 16th, 2013
I'm nervous
I took my pill 3 an 5 hours late. I took one Sunday at 9:pm an then I forgot if I had taken it an took one at 12:00pm then then my bf an I had unprotected sex Monday morning an I forgot to take my pill till 2:45 am.. I then took 3 pills. An kept taking my pills as usual. I was on my second week of pills. Am I fine or should I take an emergency plan?
|
Quick Reply