Medical Questions > Mental Health > Addiction, Recovery Forum

alcohol withdrawal side effects

Must Read
What's the difference between substance abuse and addiction? Learn the basics and the science of addiction here....
Are some people more at risk than other of becoming drug addicts? Learn which factors influence addiction and how you can avoid developing the disease....
There are a wide range of signs and symptoms of drug addiction. Here we review the common physical, emotional and behavioral signs of addiction....
Hi
i drink every night. Most of the time 2 glasses of wine, sometimes 1 beer and 2 glasses of wine, and on weekends, usually 3 or maybe 4. I've been doing this for over a year.

I want to be able to just NOT have a drink if i don't want to. Which I can do, i just haven't wanted to! Now, i want to but, I scared myself silly by googling withdrawal symptoms.

Now I am scared that if i don't have a drink I will have a seizure or DT's.

Is my drinking enough to cause that type of withdrawal if I stop?

Reece
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 6th, 2008
can anyone answer this question for me?
reece
|

replied March 7th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
From what I have read, it seems you are not a real heavy drinker and could possibily stop on your own. It will be hard. AA is alway a good support group to start off with and a sponser you can have as a mentor. Try going to a couple meetngs and see how it goes. I truly think you can do it my friend.

Carrie
|

User Profile
replied May 31st, 2010
can i ask a question? 1 am 18 years old and i always drink beer with my friend. my height is 5,8.. my question is that "drinking beer stop the growing of height in a teenager?
|