Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms Forum

Implantation Bleeding or Early Period?

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Well I've been reading a lot on this implantation bleeding & it seems like I may be experiencing it. Anyways, let me introduce myself, my name is Dawn & i'm sixteen years old. My last period was February 1st & I normally have a regular 28 day cycle, so I'm technically not due til the 29th of this month. Well on the 23rd of this month, exactly a week before I was normally supposed to start, I starting bleeding, not heavy like usual & it's not a red as it usually is, actually it's not even red, at all. Between the 11th & 21st of this month, everyday me & my boyfriend had unprotected sex, more than one time a day too. I know for a fact he only came in me once but he had a big problem with pre-cum. & I had to of been ovulated during that time. Anyways, this so-called-period that I'm experiencing right now is definitely a lot lighter. How to explain it though? It started off like a normal period, then quickly it got really light. I went from a bright red, to a pink now it's just a brown spotting & this is my third day of my "period" & normally it last five days. I used one tampon & one pad [neither had barely anything on it] so far, & usually I'm going through atleast two-three tampons a day. I mean I'm not even using one now, I only see the brownish/red blood when I wipe. I've had a period every month since I was thirteen years old & never once has this happend. & I did notice this bleeding I'm experiencing comes & goes. I can't say my nipples are sore or my boobs hurt cause they don't which is another unusual thing for me, usually during my period I have sore breasts. I have been peeing alot lately though, - & I just went pee for the second time in a hour, & when I wiped the blood was very VERY faint, couldn't even tell it was there, barely. I've been eating alot lately too, these past couple of days. & another thing when I have my period I have a lot of clots, this time I've seen maybe one clot. That's it. & my cramps I've been experiencing don't even feel like menstrual cramps at all. Now that I think about it I have felt ALITTLE nauseated & feel more tired than usual. I've been up for four hours & feel tired as hell right now, just can't bring myself to sleep. Been burping alot too, & I believe I forgot to mention I've never been on birth-control. I'm just really confused. & by the way, now when I wipe I have nothing. This just isn't normal for me. If anyone can help, please feel free to reply to my post.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 26th, 2008
Community Volunteer
It is possible that you are pregnant. Precum can always get you pregnant whether he goes all the way or pulls out or not. The only way you will know for sure is if you test when you've missed your period. It's not unusual for some fluctuations to happen in periods even if they are regular. Sometimes stress can throw off the most regular person.

All your other symptoms could be signs of pregnancy, but could also be signs of other things, so you can't "tell" that you are pregnant because you are feeling hungrier or have sore breasts.

Take a test if you've missed your period when that time rolls around. It's the only way you can be sure.
|

replied March 3rd, 2008
Two test came out positive I am now four weeks & will be five weeks on Saturday.
|

User Profile
replied March 3rd, 2008
Community Volunteer
Congrats.
|

replied March 28th, 2008
implantation bleeding or early period
congrats, dawn,you must be very excited,well let me introduce myself i am new on this forum,i am excited cos i know am pregnant,thanks be to God, its so good to know him.though i ve not done a test yet but am so positive.my husband suddenly noticed my boobs are bigger,i ve had lots of cum for the past 3 days,gained weight,tingling boobs &fuller and no period today(28day),only wet cum,pee a lot,am not even in arush to test nw cos i already hv d answer maybe in 2 wks time,lots of saliva in my mouth lately, God is so faithful,stay blessed.excited
|

replied April 8th, 2008
depo provera
i was on the injection for 3 years. the lst injection i got was january 07! i never had a period until july which lasted until the 16th october me and my partner split up on the 9th oct. i went with a boy a couple of time until the 24th october.i did a test on the 24th whcih sed negative. me and my partner slept together everyday from the 26th onwards. (together now) i then bled from the 27-31st. at first i didnt think this was a period. on the 6th november i did a test which was negative. i then did a nother test on the 1st december which was positive. is there any way the baby could be the 1st boys? i am just worrying as i dont wont when my ovulation occurs or anythng due to me just getn my period back. some1 pleasssseeee help! Sad
|

replied August 2nd, 2008
implantation bleeding or early period?
hii
i had sex with my boyfriend for the first time on the 17th of july.
i am really scared at the moment because my periods late and i saw brownish colour blood in my underwear yesterday and it is different to my normal period!!!is it implantation bleeding or my period? please help me!
|

replied August 16th, 2008
implantation bleeding
I also experience the same bleeding like you, but my doctor gave me metforim to get pregnant, I am just waiting to see if my period will come for this month. I an sweating very much. Do u think I am pregnant.
|

replied August 19th, 2009
i saw my period on 31st july 2009, and it lasted for 3days i had sex on8th august 2009, and then on 16th i had sex the ihad bleeding then it never came till now. what could be the cause? i was on clomid table after my period.
|

replied March 24th, 2013
implantation bleeding
Hi, I'm experiencing the same problems as you girls are. 2weeks ago..there was conception, now...during this week I think I'm experiencing implantation bleeding. When I first saw the blood, I was sure it was my period. But after I've read around online, it might just be IB. I'M experiencing all the early pregnancy symptoms. Except vomiting, it just won't come up, instead it's like a lump in the back of my throat. But anyways, this is the second day I've been bleeding and it'd not like my usual period. Its much lighter but the blood is a bright red.
|