Medical Questions > Relationships > Ending a Relationship Forum

husband caught using dating websites

My husband of 41/2 years was caught with accounts on three seperate dating sites- he said he was only looking for someone to talk to as a friend. Is this even believable. He listed as his status - single.

Can he be trusted?

I was pregnant at the time. I couldn't find where he actually talked to anyone. But i am still upset.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper msladiijay
|

replied March 11th, 2008
WOWWWWWWWWW!!
You can not trust this man!

if he's doing this ONLINE while your pregnant, image what else he could be doing out there while your not around.

That's not right, Just keep a good eye on him.
|

replied March 24th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
I wouldn't trust him. Any man who just wants to talk, does NOT go on a dating website! It's even worss that you were pregnant. Why does he need to look for another female comanion to confide in when he has you? You are his wife and he should be able to talk to you about anything. Listing himself as single, is not trying to be friends. I couldn't trust him if he was my man.
|

replied March 24th, 2008
NO!!!! I was put through just about the same thing when I was pregnant. Except the girl was one of my friends, and yeah it was labled as just wanting to talk to someone. Some what later I found out that they slept together. And even if he was just wanting to chat with someone why did he have to put single? I wouldnt trust him......Im sorry
|

replied March 30th, 2008
I had a cheating husband for 27 years. I believed all the earlier things he said to me .... like once when a woman called the house, and he was not home and so I said so, and she screamed at me: TELL HIM HIS GIRLFRIEND CALLED...and hung up on me.
when I told him, he laughed at me and said, get real, it is some prank phone call.....that was probably when we were married around 5 or 6 year mark.

as I said, I was married all those years, and it finally came to a head. He also had accounts for e mail I was not aware of.

go looking around in your computer when he is not home. you may be able to find more evidence.

Needless to say, men do this stuff. he may love you, but I would doubt he can be trusted. whether you stay or go is your call, but good luck. it is a painful existence.
|

replied March 30th, 2008
Experienced User
Hi there
I am really sorry to hear that. My boyfriend of 4 years did that too just recently and I am pregnant. It really hurts to see that. I can only imagine the thoughts you feel. I don't know why men do that. No, I don't trust my boyfriend and were not together anymore. I think maybe men get scared about the baby business 'really locking them in' and they enjoy looking at 'other' woman and talking to them. I really don't understand it though. You stay strong! You know what relaly pees me off about that though,.. IS were pregnant and WE CAN"T GO AROUND WITH OTHER GUYS!! The time we need there support the most the turn around and then start being *dirty*
|

replied March 30th, 2008
Experienced User
Sorry about that last post it just got me so upset. I am really sorry for what you're going through. You know most men admire woman when they're pregnant. Hang in there! It can only get better!! Smile You be strong hun!
|

User Profile
replied March 30th, 2008
Active User, very eHealthy
A Man's View
OK, I'll try to explain a man's thinking or non-thinking, which can cause this tragedy.

I'm an older male with lots of experience with marriage (32 years) and never cheated. But, I have been tempted before and I think in the cases here that StacyHoll may be right.

Younger men get scared when a baby is on the way. Most of them accept the responsibility, but a few do not. So, they look around for an easy way out and now, with the internet, they can connect easily to lots of girls. The really sad fact is that he says online that he is single, which to me doesn't mean he just wants to talk.

You can't trust any guy who will do this behind his partner's back. Personally, I wouldn't see them as marriage material anymore if I were you because who knows what will happen when they have to face other problems in the future with you. The fact that you both were pregnant is incredible, but shows that this is not a man you want helping to raise your baby.

Trust is the most precious asset for a couple, so handle the situation accordingly. Stacy, I agree with your anger. You have a right to be mad and so does Schroader.
|

replied July 27th, 2012
i discovered my friends husband on a dating site..should i tell her?
|

replied August 11th, 2012
beclean wrote:
I had a cheating husband for 27 years. it is a painful existence.

I'm just interested - are you still with your cheating husband, after 27 years ? And if so, WHY ???
|
Quick Reply