Medical Questions > Cancer > Breast Cancer Forum

lump in armpit

Must Read
Breast cancer kills more women in the United States than any cancer except lung cancer. But what types of breast cancer are possible?...
Why do some women get breast cancer and others don't? Click here to learn what risks you can avoid....
Do you know the warning signs for breast cancer? When should you see your doctor about possible breast cancer symptoms? More information here....
I found a lump in my left armpit about 3 months ago, it is not painful and seems to remain the same size. I don't feel any noticible lumps in my breast , but the left one feels bumpier than the other. I don't have any other symptoms, except a little tenderness with the left breast. I am going to the doctor this week. Should I be concerned?FYI -I am a 41 year old female and have not been sick . the node seems to be the 2-3 cm or more.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 27th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Have you noticed some changes around your nipple?
Although, these signs you find can be benign, it is very important to visit a doctor.
Breast cancer can enlarge the armpit lymph nodes even when the breast itself seems perfectly normal.

Waiting for your post!
|

replied February 27th, 2008
Does not appear to be any changes, I did go for a mammogram this morning. I guess I am concerned that is breast cancer , I have not been in for a mammogram for 3 years, shame on me , I know.
|

User Profile
replied March 3rd, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Hi, izzybubble!
Have you got your mammogram results?
Have you been checked with an ultrasound, too?

Thinking of you!
Marija
|

replied March 3rd, 2008
No, I have not received the results yet, I am hoping I will today. If the mammogram results come out okay is that all I should worry about, my dr. did not state any further tests. Thank you so much.
|

User Profile
replied March 13th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
If a certain area of concern is found by the mammogram, ultrasound is a good test to look at that. It also helps to tell the difference between cysts and solid masses without using a needle to draw out fluid.
When the tests show that you might have breast cancer, biopsy is done, because it's the only way to know for sure.
There is an incidence of about 15% false negative mammogram readings (the mammogram is negative, although the doctor has felt a discrete breast lump)
If this is a case, biopsy of a discrete lump needs to be performed.
|