Medical Questions > Relationships > Relationships and Marriage Forum

Husband ALWAYS breaking wind (Page 1)

OK.. yes i am embarassed, but we are all here for some reason or another. My husband breaks wind all the time. He doesn't try to hide it or stop it, he just does it. He could be talking to someone and he does it. Many times i have walked away due to being humiliated. We will be quietly watching tv at nite and he just tears them off one right after the other. He laughs, i don't. His MD says he is just gassey, i say he is gross. This has been going on for years and i have just about had it. He will pass a hugh gas, then ask me if i wanna mess around!!!
I know it is a natural body function and i will not say that i have not done it. I have, and when i do, i always excuse myself. I have asked him nicely to please try and squelch the urge all the time. You CAN hold them in or go into another room. He gets angry when i make such a fuss out of it. In bed at nite it's like there is an orchestra playing beside me. It's funny but not really. If one has to put up with this for as long as i have,one has a tendancy to get sick of it. Embarassed
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Ani_stasia
|
Users who thank bbfeet9 for this post: Longlostlisa 

replied February 27th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Wow, I have not come across this problem before. I have no idea really what to tell you outside of the fact that I would get up and go in nother room and let him fart all alone. I'm sure he could take some pills for it or something. . .what does he eat? What he eats has a *LOT8 to do with it.
|

replied January 30th, 2012
I'm glad I'm not alone with this. My husband and I have been trying to start a family but his gas ends my libido. They are awesome bad gas bombs. For real
|

replied February 29th, 2008
Experienced User
Ok
My Boyfriends The Same And Soo Am I Everyone Gt Grose Things About Them ........You Should Try And See The Funny Side.....

When You Love Somone Learn To Love There No So Pleasant Side I Say
|

replied March 12th, 2008
Come on, this is normal for guys to do. Both my father and my husband now are doing it whenever they feel like it. I don't mind Smile. Maybe because I learned it that way.
|

Some nights it's like overwhelming. He snores like a lawnmower and is letting rip the gas bombs like there's no tomorrow.
|

Some nights it's like overwhelming. He snores like a lawnmower and is letting rip the gas bombs like there's no tomorrow.
|

replied March 12th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Well most men i know don't fart constantly and it is gross no matter if it's natural or not. Esp in front of other people. it's so rude and embarassing.
|

replied March 13th, 2008
Experienced User
thank you
My point exactly. I know breaking wind is a bodily function but....... to rip them in front of people and continue on with your convo like nothing happened!!! Eeeek!! I am not the perfect butt hole, i pass gas like any one else, when no one is around. I am comfortable in front of the hub, but to a degree. Not to sound gross but his has been known to carry an aroma. Peeee You!!! Loving my husband with my whole heart and soul has nothing to do with his musical ability. He does not have a medical prob either. An "excuse me" from him would work.
|

replied March 13th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Right? It's called manners. My brother in law rips them allll the time and he laughs about it. I wish he would go in the bathroom or at least be quiet and concider other people. I sound so weird b/c farting is natural, I just think there is a polite way of doing things.
|

replied March 13th, 2008
Experienced User
depends
i think it depends on what kind of person you are funy and out out going people tend to laugh it off.

moany people tend to groan about it.
my moms like it all the time anywhere anytime i wouldnt change her for the world we both laugh it off especially if somone hears her or me on ocaasions.

live. dont worry about things like that ....if you really dont like it that much tell him how much its getting to you .
i have good manners please thankyou .

but i got sense of humour people worry of things that are worth it lol
lifes to short for this
|

replied March 13th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
I have a good sense of humor and I am a very easy going person, it's just rude to not even say excuse me or to just fart in front of anyone. Secondly I seriously wonder why passing gas is so funny. I laugh at some stupid things but farting?
|

replied March 13th, 2008
Experienced User
true
i always say excuse me and tha...
what i find funny is that my boyfriend i could never ever do it in front of him as i found it so embarssing not to Even BURP ) LOL

But 4 months of cin eachother he was ina room with me
and i held it in for ages and had ripping pain through my stomach but i managed to hold it in but i dropped somthing and had to bend down and it came out i remeber bursting red ......how imbarasssin.
but i remeber the pain i had in my stomach .....ooof never again. i say pardon me now

i think some people find it funny when its out of the blue you know. i will say i wouldnt agree in cafes or restsaurants.
we all have bad hapids though...
|

replied March 13th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Ok, I see what your saying. In those instances, I do think it's funny Smile
|

replied March 13th, 2008
Experienced User
ha ha
i dont think i could stick it though if my hubby done it everday all day lol.

im realy worried my-self im pregnant and i got a tooth extraction monday:(
at the lower jaw im PETRIFIED OFF NEEDLES ABSOLUTLEY PETRIFIED.

ive had blood test 3 times im ok with them just my gum Sad
ooucch no i cant imagine it everyone says its the easiest pain free needle to have?..........but im so scared
|

replied March 13th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
I for some reason though pregnant women were nto suppose to have anything done at the dentist unless it was just a cleaning. Does the doc know your preg?
|

replied March 13th, 2008
Experienced User
yea
yeah i was worried about that but pregnant womenhave a diffrent anathesia.Sad

my ttooth is infected....
do u know if them needles hurt aat all .............
|

replied March 13th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Oh!

I'm not sure, i've never had to have one in my gums before but I have heard it hurts some.
|

replied March 14th, 2008
Gassiness lol. Usually indicates a digestion problem. I used to be extremely gassy but I found out that I had a digestion probelm. Mine were silent but deadly. I have a boyfriend that passes gass but they smell of nothing NO ODOUR. I find it cute. But I agree, it is rude during inappropriate times such as dinner time. I would be eating my lunch and he would walk by and let a big one rip. I don't appreciate that at all. I tell him not to do that again and he stopped unless he really can't hold it in.
|

User Profile
replied March 21st, 2008
Supporter
I think some men see it as a territorial thing, like 'marking their spot', but I am afraid I find it ill-mannered. I grew up in a house where all my brothers did it as a way to get at me - they knew I hated it and would do it to bully me! They thought it was a great laugh while I quietly died inside. Sad And their wind smelt like something had died inside THEM!

There are plenty of medicines available for those who are 'gassy' so just tell him to grow up and stop behaving like a little boy.
|

replied March 24th, 2008
My husband farts all the time. One time we were in walmart and we were standing in the checkout aisle, he was standing in front of me and farted. His is the type that spreads 20 feet away and smells of something dead. Everyone around smelled it and I know for a fact that the cashier smelled it because she gave us dirty looks. It made me feel awful and that the people around thought that I done it. He is always leaving them with me in the aisles and he knows I dont like it. But when it comes to the dinner table he refuses to fart or for anyone else to fart. I don't think its fair. Whats the difference. Eating at the dinner table or in an aisle. It will make you sick to your stomach. I almost puke. I feel for ya...and in the bed is not romantic at all....Makes me feel really bad when he farts while having sex...total turn off..I don't know what to tell you...I'm stuggling as well
|

replied March 24th, 2008
My husband farts all the time. One time we were in walmart and we were standing in the checkout aisle, he was standing in front of me and farted. His is the type that spreads 20 feet away and smells of something dead. Everyone around smelled it and I know for a fact that the cashier smelled it because she gave us dirty looks. It made me feel awful and that the people around thought that I done it. He is always leaving them with me in the aisles and he knows I dont like it. But when it comes to the dinner table he refuses to fart or for anyone else to fart. I don't think its fair. Whats the difference. Eating at the dinner table or in an aisle. It will make you sick to your stomach. I almost puke. I feel for ya...and in the bed is not romantic at all....Makes me feel really bad when he farts while having sex...total turn off..I don't know what to tell you...I'm stuggling as well
|

User Profile
replied March 25th, 2008
Supporter
i think that when you are in public a little discretion is required. trying to hold it in gives me bad stomach pains, so i just try to let it out quietly. if i am in a shop i will shuffle round a corner or to a place where noone can hear. that's just me. i would be too embarrassed to just let rip in front of people i didn't know. it depends on context i suppose. if i heard someone farting in a shopping aisle i wouldn't think it was disgusting, as long as they are not making a big deal out of it. it has to be done. but i think it is inappropriate to do it loudly and very deliberately at the cashier, in front of someone. it's almost like throwing an insult at someone.

but farting in the comfort of one's own home is fine in my books. family, very close friends, boyfriends, husbands and wives, whatever. it is fine. when i meet people in relationships who say "i would never fart in front of my SO", i always think their relationship must be lacking slightly if they are embarrassed about it and feel the need to hide and censor something so natural. if someone is comfortable enough in front of their boyfriend/girlfriend to fart without having to hide it or leave the room i see it that the relationship has reached a certain level!
|
12 >>