Medical Questions > Nutrition > Vitamins Forum

Costco Kirkland Multivitamins

How safe are these? Who manufactures them?

Thanks,
Dude
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile rooted
|

User Profile
replied July 9th, 2008
Supporter
Kirkland Sigature is the name of the manufacturer for these vitamins. No official website currently exists for Kirkland Signature products. Which leaves us looking at secondary sources for information on Kirkland Signature’s products. Further, the company does not specialize in dietary supplements ... but produces numerous types of products. Which begs the question --- are these multis really that good?

Generally, the best supplements come from companies that formulate, manufacture and retail only supplements—not from the companies that also make houswares and home applicances. You'd be best to find a multivitamin with low-to-moderate doses of vitamins and minderatls that's been verified by the United States Pharmacopoeia (USP). They've set the standard for the drug industry for the past 150+ years.
|

replied January 3rd, 2012
Kirkland is UPS verified
Kirkland Sigature vitamins are indeed USP verified. Look at the website below for more information:

http://www.usp.org/USPVerified/dietarySupp lements/kirkland.html

The only thing I'm concerned about the particular D3 vitamins I just purchased is that even though that the label states that that there are no artificial colors, ingredients, preservatives, etc., it does contain soybean oil and corn oil. Unless these two ingredients are non-GMO, I will be risking my health with such crap because most corn and soy are in fact GMO. Also, it contains gelatin which may be derived from pork. Ughhh!
|
This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.
Quick Reply