Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Can't sleep well

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
I have had anxiety for over 5 years that i know of and have had all the symptoms but it seems like i worry about it more and more everyday and now my worst symptom is at night when i am trying to fall asleep i get this feeling where my hands and feet tingle and i get real light headed or dizzy and open my eyes real fast. That happens all night and finally i must get so exhausted that i finally fall asleep. In the morning i feel real droggy and off balance for a little bit. There is more but that is what is really bothering me and making me worry even more than i already do with all the other symptoms i have to deal with.....
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 25th, 2008
Especially eHealthy
Have you seen a doc about this specifically?
|

replied February 26th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Have you had you Blood Pressure check recently? You should check it three way. First lying down then sitting up then standing. That would show a drop or elevation at each point. Blood pressure really has a tendency to go up a little bit when you are lying down, which I would think might not be your problem. I would check it anyway.

Carrie
|

User Profile
replied February 27th, 2008
Especially eHealthy
Thanks for that info, Carrie
|

replied February 27th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Georgia59 wrote:
Thanks for that info, Carrie

NP my friend. Still remember some after 4 years. Razz
|

replied March 2nd, 2008
Hey,
what other problems do you have?
|

replied March 3rd, 2008
other symptoms
My other symptoms are ringing in ears, blurred vision, crawling feeling in head, twitches in stomach and other parts of body, eye twitch, shortness of breath and always yawning, tired all the time, loss of drive to go work out as much as i was, scared of terminal illness or dying, constant over thinking, numbness and tingling in hands and feet, sometimes i feel like crying for no apparent reason, sharp quick pains in face/head and other parts of body, I get a wierd feeling of why i am here and a sureal feeling sometimes which freaks me out, worry about not feeling right, sometimes feel like things are unreal, bad diarhea, i get a bad choking feeeling and bad gag reflex, in the mornings i have a dry mouth and a wierd smell or taste in my mouth every morning, tight throat or lump, at times when driving eyes get real sensitive to light and spots in vision. Those are the jist of my symptoms..I have always had a fear of dying or having some sort of undetected disease and these feelings really make me feel like i have something wrong with me and that is my constant worry all the time which could be making me such a hypercondriach and always thinking negative. I do have losts of stress also with being self employed and looking for a new job and lots of other things that are on my mind but i just feel all these symptoms are way too crazy for having bad anxiety and stress.
|

User Profile
replied March 5th, 2008
mixxxer, what you describe is a veritable textbook example of a mind overcome with anxiety. You are going to have to find a way to detach yourself from all these fears. I have been sort of where you seem to be (worried about my future, life, everything) and it ain't much fun. I got through the 'crisis' and so can you, without drugs.
|

replied July 11th, 2009
Cant sleep, anxiety
A lot of your symptoms are similar to mine, sometimes like earlier today i just got a really weird feeling and got scared for no reason, i find it hard to sleep at night too
|