Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

stress causing light spotting and no cramps ?

Must Read
Stress is a natural response to life. But when does stress begin to cause health problems? Basics on stress and the stress response here....
What are the most common signs of stress? To learn which symptoms of acute, episodic and chronic stress can develop into more serious problems, start here....
Stress can trigger chronic illness. Learn how doctors test for stress and what to expect during an office visit in this section on how to diagnose stress....
Ok, normally I have a pretty heavy to (after a few days) light period flow with unbearlable cramps. but this month fot the past few weeks ive only had spotting and not even everyday just a few times. and i haven't cramped at all. well being as paranoid as i am i took a hpt last week and it was negative. i've been very stressed these past weeks could it just be that?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 26th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Stress can certainly cause your cycle to get wacky. Try doing another hpt in a couple of weeks. Sometimes you can have a light "period" but it is actually implantation of the egg in the uterine lining. This may not be what you experienced. The only way to know is to do another pregnancy test. The HCG levels need to high enough to detect which is why it is best to wait until you have missed a period.
|

replied February 26th, 2008
Experienced User
Well I took another test two days ago and it too was negative and i'm already two weeks late. How long would it take for implantation bleeding to occur (if that was the case)?

I have a doctors appointment with my gyno on monday which is my birthday too wierd right hahaha.
|

replied March 1st, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Implantation occurs about 2 weeks after conception. This is usually around the time you would have a normal period. Go to your doctor appointment. They can do a blood test to check for pregnancy. This could all be about stress. I hope all goes well for you! BTW, happy birthday!
|

replied March 2nd, 2008
Experienced User
thanks!!!!
my boyfriend and i are going to a concert tonight to celebrate my b-day i'm so excited!!!

I'm just trying not to think about it right now. but i am less stressed and still nothing. but i find out for sure tomorrow!!!!!
|