Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Back Pain Forum

Back pain after childbirth

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Hi, my aunt has severe low back pain during the first 4 days of menstruation ever since she gave birth to her son (now 6 years old). She described pain as deep achey and her back muscles feel all tight from midback down to her buttocks bilaterally. Please advise me on what is the cause of her problem. She had epidural injection during labour too.
thank you
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 24th, 2008
Active User, very eHealthy
Hello Red,

Welcome to this forum and the great people who post and try to help others.

I would highly recommend that she seek the advice of a neurologist/spinal surgeon. The best one she can find in her area.

Epidural injections during labor only contain lidocaine to reduce the pain of childbirth. That is not the same as an epidural given for back pain which contains lidocaine to reduce the pain of the injection, AND also contains a corticosteroid to reduce inflammation in the immediate area of the injection.

I hope the ladies will be able to give you their thoughts.

RichT
|
Did you find this post helpful?