Medical Questions > Cancer > Cancers Forum

white pus pocket in mouth and lump in throat (Page 1)

Must Read
Millions of Americans are diagnosed with cancer. But what exactly is cancer and how does it affect the body?...
What puts you at risk for developing cancer? Learn how you can avoid or reduce exposure to risk factors for cancer here....
Cancer can occur anywhere in the body. But what are the signs and symptoms of cancer? Learn about general symptoms of cancer here....
Hello,
I Am a 19 year old college student and for the past few months ive had a strong sensation of something being caught in my throat. I chewed tobacco for about a year until i quit a week or so ago. The sensation began a few months ago and i would only feel it whenever i would use tobacco. On the other hand whenever i did not, i was fine. Eventually it got me worried so i quit using tobacco and the sensation has remained. I examed my mouth and noticed a white pus pocket and consulted a doctor who frankly laughed at the thought of it being cancer. I consulted another. This one did the same thing and insisted i was just sick becuase my lymph nodes were swollen. That was a few months ago and i still have the feeling. Recently i re-examined my mouth and noticed a lump inside my throat below my tonsils. Its the same color as the rest of my mouth and doesnt look very adnormal except for the fact i dont have a lump on the other side of my mouth in that location. I could just be paranoid at the fact but it also seems my breath has been alot worse lately.
Any feed back would be great thanks.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile MandMs
|

User Profile
replied February 28th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Hi!
You are experiencing side effects from chewing tobacco.
The more immediate effects of smokeless tobacco is bad breath and yellowish-brown stains on teeth.
Where is the white pocket pus located exactly?
Do you have mouth sores like little cuts or ulcers in the mouth, that may be very red, or may have small white patches in the middle?
Are you also experiencing difficulty chewing or swallowing?
|

replied February 28th, 2008
Swallowing isnt hard, but is a little harder than normal at times. The pus pocket was located near my tonsils and there are no sores or anything of that matter.
|

replied February 29th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Another possibility is strep throat and/or infected tonsils.
Did any of your doctors do a strep test?
|

User Profile
replied March 3rd, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
The pus pocket that is located near your tonsils (area between your tonsil and the back wall of your throat) is known as peritonsilar (near, around tonsil) abscess.
This, usually, follows tonsillitis (swollen tonsils) from an infection (in most cases Streptococcus bacteria) of your tonsils that has spread to the tissues around it.

Did you have red and swollen tonsil recently?
Have you lost your appetite or noticed that you don't want to eat or drink?
Are you experiencing trouble or pain with moving the neck?
|

replied April 28th, 2009
I also have a with patch
On the right side of my mouth I have a white patch, and every few days it will deatttach itself. Last night I was able to catch it and put it in a plastic bag. It's gross but it seriously smells like Poop. yuk

I have no pain, just when its back there it feels like I have like a pop corn kernal back there.

Now last summer i got strep throut but I can't image that being it still.

Anyone have any idea and should I be concern
|

replied April 28th, 2009
chassis42 & Oyster specially for u buddies...
Hi chassis42 & Oyster

I hav gone through both of your[chassis42 & Oyster] problems, i felt that i shud write here somthing as i m a doctor myself, i hav a point to share with u that, a site m not sure abt name that you can search like "Live chat with a Doctor " yes that is Healthcaremagic, there we can discuss medical issue/doubt/query with group of doctors, they are online there to discuss and provide second opinion, hope it may be useful for chassis42 Wink
|

replied October 3rd, 2009
These are perfectly normal in some people (inc me) they are tonsil stones and are just simply a collection of dead skin cells from the tonsils that have globbed together instead of washing down the throat with saliva as they normally would.
|

replied November 13th, 2009
did you ever find out what was wrong with you? because i have the same thing going on and i'm curious about it. let me know if you can.
|

replied January 17th, 2010
I am a 26-year-old female who has never smoked before and I have been experiencing the exact same pus symptoms for a few months now. it is also in the exact same spot of my mouth. i am beginning to get extremely concerned because I hae no idea what it is??? Someone please help me as well.
|

replied April 10th, 2010
Pain and swelling in my gum
I am 29 years old, I broke my teeth through an accident 18 yrs ago and have since intermittently felt a build up of pus in my upper gum above my two front teeth. Since, I have not replaced the teeth since the accident, i am just wondering if I made a terrible mistake because the area in my outer upper gum is very tender and hurts so bad at certain times of the year. I hope sb can give me some useful advice.
|

replied May 2nd, 2010
lumps under left tonsil
hi there, i am having some problems my self i seem to have some kind of lumps under my left tonsil they are fleshed colored i have no other symptons im just a little worried i did smoke they have been there for a week now i was wondering what this could be can anyone help
|

replied July 16th, 2010
Please help
Hi everyone, I am a 23 year old woman and I used to smoke. Since a few years, I have a white patch in my throat,with a red sore just below it. The red sore is like an ulcer or something. These are located on the left side of my throat. Consequently, I often have severe pain on the left side mostly, followed by fever, chills, headaches, difficulty swallowing, etc. This has affected my life in general, because I have been getting these 'infections' very, very, often, and when I go to the doctor, I am prescribed antibiotics.I do get well, but sometimes no sooner am I well that after a week, the 'infection' is back again. I have been to lots of doctors but none have been able to properly diagnose my illness and get rid of my problem. Please help!
|

replied August 31st, 2010
Sometimes i get the feeling of something caught in my throat, usually it ends up being a piece of food caught in one of the crevices of my tonsils. Another possibility is tonsil stones which could grow up to about the size of a peppercorn. Also about the lump in your throat, if it is just a lump that's the same color as the rest of your throat with little white puss-filled spots in it you could very well just be starting or getting over a viral cold, or strep. A cancerous lump/growth would be more of a darker brownish red possibly with a raw spot which may seem bloody as opposed to puss-filled, also if you've been to see more then one doctor and it hasn't been diagnosed as cancer then it isn't cancer so you can relax, all doctors are trained to spot cancer early when the lump is the size of the tip of a pen, if yours is fair sized and it was cancerous a doctor would've spotted it instantly. Ask your doctor to check you for strep because if it isn't handled it may lead to rheumatic fever, scarlet fever, STSS(streptococcal toxic shock syndrome), Glomerulonephritis, or PANDAS(Pediatric Autoimmune Neuropsychiatric Disorders Associated with Streptococcal infections). Some of those illnesses can lead to organ failure so don't procrastinate.
|

replied November 20th, 2010
Lump in throat.
What about being checked for Eosinophilic Esophagitis?
|

replied July 25th, 2011
if any one can help woth some info please let me no
hello every one i have the white pockets i have went to the hospital.... they had gave me a strong shot of med. i do not know what is going on. i just know it is very painful but i am going to have to get a 2nd oppion. i wish it would go away.
|

replied January 18th, 2012
acute tonsillitis, peritonsillar abscess,
hello. I am a 20 year old college student. I wake up every morning to a grey coating on my tongue, and have to cough up tonsil stones routinely. A couple of days ago, I could feel a sore throat coming on, and I didn't really think anything of it. Three days later, 2 express care visits, an ER visit, fevers between 102 and 105.4 and brown pus are telling me that this is not the typical sore throat. My tonsils look like if you search "acute tonsillitis" in google search. however, I believe that I have an abscess somewhere in my sinus areas closer to my adenoids. My throat has never hurt more in my entire life, and this is the sickest I have ever been. I notice that when i use a neti pot, I can get like brownish-bloody secretions coming from right behind my uvula area. I am actually concerned for my health. If anyone has any insight on this, that would be wonderful. The doctors here wont listen to me about the pus...

by the way, strep is negative, mono is negative, HIV is negative... not sure if the Zpack of antibiotics they gave me is working... white blood cell count is .1% higher than normal. Also, the docs told me it isnt looking like it's bacterial or viral. which to me makes no sense at all...
|

replied January 18th, 2012
Anyone consider some of these oral problems might just be weird forms of regular oral ulcers (canker sores)?
|

replied April 1st, 2012
I am a 18yr old male and i dont smoke and i also experienced this white puss around the right side of my tonsil. there is no pain or anything and when it comes out maybe when i cough or sneeze its a small whitish hard rock and it stinks!! i had sore throat and fever symptoms recently and i believe it could be that but i am going to wait a couple and see if anything happens
|

replied June 8th, 2012
tonsil stones
The only way to get rid of tonsil stones is to remove your tonsils ,I had this too and my breath was horrible. friends and family would not go near me and my life was depressing for years until i said enough of this .
Go to your doctor and tell him you want a tonsillectomy performed. believe me its your best option.
|
12 >>