Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Getting Pregnant Forum

irregular ovulation and cycle

Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....
i have always been irregular. i never know when to expect my cycle nor when i am ovulating. i have never tried those ovulation packs. do they really work? does anyone understand and if so what do you do?

thank you,
diana
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 3rd, 2008
Community Volunteer
I am irregular too. The ovulation packs work or they wouldn't be on the market. Just make sure you read the directions very carefully!! Another way to do it is chart your cycles with a chart and basal thermometer, but this can take even a year to complete....and it's a pain!
|

User Profile
replied March 3rd, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
hello diana

OPKs work very well, it works by measuring how much of hte LH hormone is in your body at any given time i dont explaine it very well sorry, but if you want to know more about them you can try peeonastick.com (please if thats against the tos someone tell me)

also mominshoe is right you should try bbt charting....its difficult (i tried and cant and stick to it) but it may help you....also you can try fertilityfriend.com, a lot of the girls here use it, it may help

good luck
|

replied March 3rd, 2008
thank you
thank you both for your insight.

something new has happened. i thought i started my period yesterday morning but by the afternoon it was gone. all i had was that brown discharge. no red bleeding. i don't know what is going on. do you????
|

replied March 3rd, 2008
never mind
my period just came back. what a bummer. i thought just maybe i could have been pregnant. oh well. next time maybe. Smile
|

User Profile
replied March 3rd, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
im sorry that af decided to rear her ugly head, maybe next month
|

User Profile
replied March 5th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
I'm sorry AF showed. But i do suggest that you start temping. It's amazing what you can learn about your cycle.

Good luck!
|
Quick Reply