Medical Questions > Womens Health > Ovulation and Ovaries Forum

Nausea, Lower Back and Abdominal Pain, Headaches, Dizziness (Page 1)

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
For about two weeks now, I've been having lower back pain and abdominal pain I was attributing to my recent period. It's been a week since my period's been over and I'm now experiencing constant headaches with neck pain and dizziness. The dizziness comes and goes, but is worse when I look down. The nausea is constant. The back pain feels like it could be where my ovaries or kidneys are. I have a history of ovarian cysts. Could this be the cause?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper chassie01
|

replied January 18th, 2009
same here
I have been having the same thing happening for a while now to Ihope someone out there has some reasons why
|

replied April 4th, 2009
exact same!
Wow! I was really getting concerned because no one seemed to understand. I have had ovarian cysts that have ruptured but it has been 7 years so I'm not quite famniliar with the symptoms. I had my period then within a week i started to get really dizzy to the point of almnost blacking out. I have had some severe lower back and pelvic pain, and yesterday severe sharp pains which were similar to when the cysts ruptured the first time, however this time there was no vomitting. I Just wanted to make sure it was the cysts this time before I contact my doctor.
|

replied April 10th, 2009
ovarian cyst
I had a feeling of pressure on the left lower pelvic area; the pressure then increased to a ripping or tearing kind of pain.
Stretching, coughing, etc., only made the pain worse.
This went on for a couple of months and finally the pain got so intense — nothing I did alleviated the pain: standing, sitting, squatting, lying down.
I got real hot and feverish to the point of sweating and then later got real cold with chills. But I don't remember being nauseous nor did I throw up.
Finally I went to ER where they said i had an ovarian cyst.
|

replied June 22nd, 2009
I'm a 22 year old female with two children under the age of two I have been in and out of hospitals had numerous blood tests and ultrasounds. And doctors the only answer I have been given is "Here you go have some more Tramadol". Which is highly addictive then when I relocated I had to start from scratch and the doctor is really strict and limits me to mininmal pain relief and more pain. It's good I suppose but being addicted and not being able to cope on such a little dosage after 8 months is really hard. I have asked to have my ovary removed but I am to young and will (even though I deffinately do not want anymore children) want children at a later date if something were to happen to my children Which I believe is a horrible thing to say "that you would ever consider replacing a child". I am after some answers and wishing that someone has a way to Remove the pain and eliminate the pain killers. I feel all your ladies pain and hope that you get through it, It is something I wouldn't wish on an enemy. Best of Luck to you all. My advise not that it would really do any justice but continue trying different GP's and hospitals.
|

replied August 5th, 2009
Pelvic pain, nausea, dizziness, palpitations, and more..
Hi All...just wondering what your status is now. I have been experiencing these same symptoms for a month now. The first week I thought I was just ovulating badly..then I thought I might be pregnant so I didn't take any strong meds. Went to Doc and got treated for a UTI. A week later, same problems. Then I got an abnormal menstraul cycle this month and after it finished I went back to the doc bc the symptoms had not subsided. Urine and Blood work came back normal so now Im waiting for an ultrasound tomorrow. Im convinced I have an ovarian cyst, fibroid, or ectopic pregnancy. I guess I'll see tomorrow. Has anyone had surgery?? What meds helped you that arent too strong??
|

User Profile
replied August 10th, 2009
I had the same symptoms about a year ago.... I went to the ER, the doctor told me that an ovarian cyst had ruptured.. Well, I start going to a gynecologist because I am still having severe pains... She cannot explain it... I did all the tests you could think of... Ultrasounds, 3 of them actually, blood tests, pregnancy tests... On and on and on... And nothing....

Well just about a year ago (maybe a little less) I found a new gynecologist... Within 5 minutes of me telling her my symptoms and how my body felt she said "I am 99.9% sure I know what it is.." She went on to tell me it was Irritable Bowl Syndrome. (Of course the second she said that I was disgusted and displeased) Sure enough, I have been taking Benefiber tablets everyday since she told me the news, and the only time I ever feel those symptoms again is when I dont take them for a day or so... You might check into that. I went through a lot of stress thinking it could be this or that or this or that, but it was nothing even close to what I was guessing.. Heck it wasnt even gynecological! So, all in all, keep an open mind... It will save you a lot of worry and stress Smile
|

replied August 3rd, 2010
so, i've been having these symptoms for a few weeks now. I'm only 15, but there is a history of ovarian cysts in my family. At night especially, i feel so sick i cannot sleep. I'm not sure what to do.
|

replied August 8th, 2010
Ok while i'm reading all these replies I can only think to myself how bad I feel for you all b/c I am going through the same thing. I am 27 and have been suffering with these problems since I was 17. I have had numerous GYN and know just about all the pain meds and anti biotics there is to know about these problems. I have even had surgery to close a hole in my fallopian tube. Just recently I went to the ER and they told me I had an abcess on my cervix and between my ovary and fallopian tube and they were about to do surgery BUT b/c I had no insurance at the time they preped me and sent me home!! Then when I went back with worse symptoms they said that there was NOTHING wrong and sent me home. Well I have been on the computer trying to find answers while in pain so I am going to get ready and go back to the hospital because I can not wait until tomorrow for my gyn's office to tell me they can't see me until September!! I am so sorry for everyone that has to go through this but something has to be done!!
|

replied August 18th, 2010
me too!
oh man, I've been experiencing these kinds of pains for the last few menstrual cycles I've had. Not sure what the cause of these are. Currently I'm using a heating back massager, it's helping slightly, but I've never experienced these kinds of symptoms until recently. My lower back in in so much pain. I feel the need to vomit and my stomach feels nasuous. I was diagnosed with cysts back when I was 19, I'm 27 and since then until rencently I've not ever had these kinds of pains. I've never had cramps or anything eihter. Good to know that I'm not alone but at the same time it sucks!
|

replied October 1st, 2010
horrible nausea
The nausea is awful. My cramps come and go, but the nausea is constant. If anyone has any tricks to make it subside, PLEASE fill me in!!
|

replied May 27th, 2011
Ginger Root helps nausea. I used candied Ginger Root or Ginger Root tablets.
|

replied May 27th, 2011
Ginger root tabs or candy.
|

replied November 10th, 2010
SEX: does anyone else have issues having sex with their cycst? I have severe pain when I have sex and must stop. Sometimes when I sit down my whole pelvic area hurts. Is this related to the cysts as well? I just feel like my vagina is crowded! lol...but true.
|

replied June 24th, 2012
Pain
I have had these same symtoms for a few years I was diagnosed with what they call Vuluodynia. Although they tell me that they have no idea why I am having the pain in my lower back and abdomin this is all getting me down as the pain is very hard to live with
|

replied May 25th, 2013
If you use condoms and allergic to latest this may happen it has happened to me:/ I have a hirniated cyst burst on my ovary last yea and one seven years before that right now I think I have another one cause every time my bf got close to my right ovary it hurts like heck so I'm guessing I have one on the left side again cause it always hurts the left ovary and this morning I could barely get to the barroom to go pee and now i feel sharp pains in my stomach and I will be going to the doctor today..... Another reason why it can hurt with intercorse is constipation that will hurt your stomach and back an make you feel sick but you don't feel it in your ovary like I do it's more once they start going in it feels like your inside walls hurt and hard to have sex so that might also be your prob I've had my bf do what the doctors do to help with that and it doesn't involve anal either they just push a little on your colon and it helps you go within 2 hours depending how hard and backed up you are:) saves a doctor bill even though it might sound gross it helps and saves money from buying pills or using sappsitories that will make it worse and cause nausea and pains in your stomach more and it's hard to move especially if you try to use more then one after one falls out or whatever
|

replied May 25th, 2013
If you use condoms and allergic to latest this may happen it has happened to me:/ I have a hirniated cyst burst on my ovary last yea and one seven years before that right now I think I have another one cause every time my bf got close to my right ovary it hurts like heck so I'm guessing I have one on the left side again cause it always hurts the left ovary and this morning I could barely get to the barroom to go pee and now i feel sharp pains in my stomach and I will be going to the doctor today..... Another reason why it can hurt with intercorse is constipation that will hurt your stomach and back an make you feel sick but you don't feel it in your ovary like I do it's more once they start going in it feels like your inside walls hurt and hard to have sex so that might also be your prob I've had my bf do what the doctors do to help with that and it doesn't involve anal either they just push a little on your colon and it helps you go within 2 hours depending how hard and backed up you are:) saves a doctor bill even though it might sound gross it helps and saves money from buying pills or using sappsitories that will make it worse and cause nausea and pains in your stomach more and it's hard to move especially if you try to use more then one after one falls out or whatever
|

replied November 17th, 2010
Pain, Headaches, and Sex
Has anyone gone to the doctor? Please update everyone who's having pain and questions!

In the last week I've been having similar problems. Sex is what made me notice the pain. As you said above, it does feel crowded. I've only had sex twice since the pain and the second time was worse than the first. I was immediately overwhelmed with pressure deep in the pelvis and on both sides where my ovaries should be. It's unbearable and it hurt for hours afterward including when I urinated. This was 3 days ago. I haven't had intercourse since because I'm convinced it's going to feel just as bad, especially since I can still feel minor pain where my ovaries are. I feel bloated and like I need to pee all the time. Today I'm noticing some discharge. Also, I don't know if it's related but I've been getting headaches a lot for a few months now and it's increased this week.
|

replied March 4th, 2011
Hey all, been reading these posts and realised that there are so many with these problems. Im 21 and have had problems since i was 15. I had an absess removed off my left falopian tube when i was 15 and continued to have pain. After a year of being told there was nothing else wrong the docs realised my womb and bowls had started to fuse together due to the scar tissue. I had this separated last year and within the past few weeks the pains, cramps, headaches, abnormal bleeding etc have all got worse. The doctors now keep telling me to take pain killers for the headaches and cant figure out why im in so much pain...Maybe someone will start to come up with answers for this. Sad
|

replied May 27th, 2011
Try a Doctor of Osteopathy rather than an MD. (DO)
|

replied April 2nd, 2011
PAIN PAIN PAIN
Im 37yrs old and have had 8 children. Two within less then two yrs. My youngest is 6months and then there is 1and a half, then a 4yr old. Between that there was a 8yr break. After delivering my last one I did not get my perod until she was 5 and a half months old. Just about 2wks ago. Since then I started having sever lower back pain. I thought I pulled a muscle. then the pain started moving to the front and in my pelvic bone area. The pain is so horrible. I cant walk, sit or sleep. Twelve yrs ago I was diagnosed with sever dysplasia. Went through minor treatments, and was put on the depo shot. After being on that I ended up with P.E. (blood clots to the heart). I have noticed that having sexual intercourse makes the pain worse while having it and for several days after. Dont know what it is. I put in my symptoms on the Symptom check and it gave me several things. Pelvic Inflamitory, panctritis, edomitriosis, apendicitis or IBS. To much to work with so off I go to the er. Will update you with my results. Maybe it will help with you trying to solve your problems. Good luck and hope you all feel better. If you get results please update us so we can check into what we may have.
|

replied April 12th, 2011
ovarian cysts
Ovarian Cysts can be very painful during Sex and usually every other month of ovulation. I have been dealing with them for 9 years. recently i researched it and found that if i take Viatmin B complex(which is all the vitamin B's) in the morning and 3 magnesium pills at night it helped alot!!! It took about 2 months of taking them everyday for it to ease off. I dont get headaches anymore either and i had chronic headaches everyday for the last 3 years. I slowly added in vitamin c, vitamin e, and omega 3,6,9. vitamins do wonders for your body and also eliminates having to take medications that is like a foreign object to your body. Hope this helps!!!
|

replied June 23rd, 2011
IS IT AN OVARIAN CYST, ADHESIONS, ENDO OR KIDNEY STONE
Im presently going through the menopause 2 periods on so far two nothing then this month I found the pain started to build up two weeks before what i found was hallayluyah a period. However the pain a few days before and during was awful, I have no fallopian tubes removed through endometriosis although I have the rest.
My hip has been hurting like mad on the right side as if my ovary was blowing up to explode from the right side of my pelvis inside my hip right round to my lower back on one side. Ive felt somewhat sick but not actually been sick and had hot sweats the day my period started and the day after my nightshirt when i woke was semi soaked. The throbbing in my right pelvis, hip and round to my back has not improved. GP said I should provide urine sample in case its a kidney stone although Im convinced its a cyst that is blowing up or has ruptured, I also don't feel at all well in myself and look tired and drained, this isn't the first time this has happened. Most months when I dont have a period I get constipated horribly and have piles this time I had diarreoh up to and during. I have had adhesion problems where bowel and ovary stuck on both sides but they did a laparoscopy and hysteroscopy and removed as much as possible. I wish I could get to the bottom of this its driving me nuts and ruining my life I feel for anyone in this position its pure pain and drain!
|

replied June 25th, 2011
No one seems to come back and tell us the problem I'm having same problems Sad
|

replied July 20th, 2011
well ladies, everything you all have described, i have lol. i have had these problems for the past 4 months. i went to my ob/gyn (i had a son mothers day of 2010 so i was due for my yearly checkup). he came back and said i had BV (bacterial Vaginosis) PID, as well as ovarian Cysts. his treatment was to give me antibiotics, and just monitor the cysts. Also, if you have a spouse/bf/partner, make sure they are getting checked. i found out that i passed my BV infection to my husband through sex, and we have been on it now for a few days (my problem just came back before i got on the meds) and so far it seems to be clearing up. the best recommendation is make sure you are getting treated, since the more infections you get within your reproductive organs, the higher the chance of infertily happens. best of wishes to you all. and i hope you ladies get to feeling better =)
|

replied August 9th, 2011
Nausea, dizzy, lower back pains
I am having the same symptoms. I have had several MRI and ultrasounds and only thing I keep gettting medicines. I am sick of just going and paying for er visits and medicines and would like some relief. I have seen several obgyn some think I am not being for real saying I have too many symptoms. Well I get dizzy on and off I have hot flashes severe lower back pains espescially at night and I get headaches and constant urination. My stomach feels like its hurting from the pit. I hope I get soem relief soon as I know my job is sick of me missing work
|