Medical Questions > Parenting > Infants Forum

head growing too fast

Must Read
A definition of the medical practice of infant male circumcision....
Is circumcision required for male babies? Why are boys circumcised? A quick review of the medical benefits of circumcision here. ...
What happens during a routine circumcision for a male child? Read more about this common procedure....
My grandson is 4 months old. He went for his well baby visit today. His weight is fine, 16lbs.9oz. His height is fine 28 in. All else is fine exept....he has a large head. I don't really notice it as i see him all the time. To me it may be a little bigger than normal. The doctor measured his head and is now sending him to a nerologist. Doc says his head is growing to fast. My dauhter is scared to death, and so am i. Any ideas? Thanks from a worried grama.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 22nd, 2008
Supporter
I suppose they will have to check for hydrocephalus and so on but you know, my son had and still has a huge head - he looked like humpty dumpty when he was born! But his body caught up and anyway, we all reckon it was to house his planet sized brain!
|

User Profile
replied February 27th, 2008
Community Volunteer
You would really have to give yourself time on this....I have a daughter who we all thinks looks like a Peanuts character because she kinda has a large round head. It's evening out tho.

I think you might want to look at what has happened in your family as far as genetics. See if any of your family members measured bigger on their heads. It's the same thing with weight gain. My doctor was worried about the weight gain on my baby, so he had me bring her in three weeks in a row. She had had a cold tho, and her father is really thin, and all my family had low weight babies, so it's really a lot of other factors that might go into something.

It doesn't necessarily mean something is wrong. I'm not going to say this rules out a tumor or anything, but I hope it puts you more at ease Smile
|

replied June 8th, 2010
WHat size did his head measure?
|

replied August 1st, 2010
please help me. my daoughted head is in 99 % and her doc refer us to neorologist. what does it mean?
|

replied August 9th, 2013
Well I took my son for his first shots on the 1st and found out that his head was growing to fast. Not to worry tho just watch it and keep a check on it. On the 1st it was 29.75cm so I waited and took him back today to see if anything had changed today it was 41.cm now we are going to children's hospital Tuesday the 13 next week to have a ultrasound done to see why. I will post as soon as I know why and what's going on
|