Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Urinary and Bladder Disorders Forum

constant urge to urinate

Must Read
One in five women will develop a UTI during her life. But what are UTIs? and what causes this type of infection?...
Why are women more at risk of developing UTI than men? Read here for more on what causes urinary tract infections and what puts you at risk of UTI....
A UTI can affect the bladder, kidney, ureters and/or the urethra. Learn which symptoms indicate urinary tract infection, complications and when to seek help....
Starting about a week ago, I have this constant feeling that I have to urinate. Even when I go to the bathroom, 2 minutes later I feel like I have to go again. I went to a doctor and they said they found white blood cells in my urine but no infection? What could it be? Thanks!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper KMS
|

replied February 22nd, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Did your doctor mention doing any follow up testing such as an ultrasound, CT Scan a 24 hour urine collection or blood work to check your kidneys,ureter tubes and bladder?

Another thing any mention of IC...Interstitial Cystitis?
|

User Profile
replied March 2nd, 2008
Experienced User
in reply
It might be interstitial cystitis. Hopefully its not. I have been seeing a lot of documentation on interstitial cystitis. I started to read up on it. It scares me! Interstitial cystitis is basically a mystery illness. They do not really know what causes it. The bladder wall becomes inflamed and cannot hold urine well. But when the individual who has it goes to the doctor, the urine catch comes up negative for infection. Some people say its from yeast, others say from stress. The main symptoms are chronic pelvic pain, and the need to urinate frequently. And there is no designated cure. There are several methods that doctors will try and use to help it. But nothing is for sure. I currently have a vaginal yeast infection that I can't get rid of. And i'm so scared that its gonna cause this interstitial cystitis. scared
|