Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Forum

ear cracking, popping,

Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....
hi, i have a weir problem in my right ear is like a craking noise, like to bones touching each other, some time i get popping ears and another problem is that when I run or shaked my head i hear something loose in my right side of the head near the ear, i wonder what is happening, i also had a MRI but nothing shows, i wonder whats happening specially that loose thing in my right side of my head that i hear when i run or when i shaked my head.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 22nd, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
I answered your post in tmj--would you mind giving me some more symptoms>?
|

replied February 23rd, 2008
This is just like when you try to intentionally pop your ears.. You are just trying to equalize pressure between both ears opening your eustachian tube by doing so... This is normal and nothing you should have gotten an MRI for lol..
|

replied February 26th, 2008
hi well i can give you more info about it
It started after i had a chronic sinuses attack after that i noticed something wrong with my ears and from there i started to put pressure on it intentionally and i dont know if i got the situation worst the thing is that when i think about it a lot i make it worst, i hope i havent create a type of trauma, the only thing that kind of worry me is when i jog or run or any exercise that i do something moves on my righ side of the head near the ear i hope i havent mess up something there even thought nothiing show up in the MRI, I think i got thet situation worst paying to much mind to it and intensionally messing with my ears.
|

replied March 1st, 2008
i too have popping in my ears, although my right ear is predominant. i started taking sudafed to unclog the cavities etc. but it only helps for a time. ive actually gotten used to it, but i wonder if it has anything to do with my over all rotten health. ( ive had MRSA infection in my armpit, mono (for the third time), and a host of upper respiratory infections all in the last six months)
|

replied March 6th, 2008
Popping Ear
Ok, so long story short, Started 2 years ago elevator like feeling in head, then running hot/cold in body and ringing in ears. Diagnosis; ALLERGIES! Felt sooo much better with nasal spray, and allergy medication, {Nasonex/Zyrtec}but now for past 6 months or so have the right ear popping and even more troubling a sensitivity to flouescent lights in stores. I cannot stay in a store longer than about 8 monutes now without horrible effects. Have been to doctor 9 times and still no results. Last visit however doc did "eyes folow finger test' and one of my eyes jumped a symptom of vertigo. Prescribed Bactrim and actually helped but 2 days after bactrim finsihed back to the same ole' same ole'. Have even missed a dear friends wedding because of this.
|

replied March 9th, 2008
TMJ
Can it be a tmj? i havent had an accident or anything related to it unless I intentionally mess that are up? can it be TMJ i mean it did not show un my MRI, can it be TMJ even if it did not come on my mri?
my ear popping is gone now but the only thing that bothers me is when i swallow hat noise on my right side like to bones hitting each other and some chest pain when i swallow.
|

User Profile
replied January 26th, 2010
all of a sudden my right ear started popping.Its been like that for a year. ive been to a ent doctor they had pooked a hole in my ear drum to see if that would help.it didn't if it would of they were going to put tubes in.Do you know of anything else that can be done?
|

replied March 7th, 2011
Ears, jaws, TJM, high elevations, etc...
Since about a month ago, I thought it felt "good" to constantly pop and un-pop my ears. A few weeks after that, I woke up with little crackling sounds in my jaw or ear (I don't know which one it is). I tried using ear wax drops, but that only helped for like ten minutes. Then, when I was driving up mountains in Utah, I heard and felt a big crack or noise in my jaw, and decided to keep shifting my mouth. THAT WAS NOT A GOOD IDEA. I'm guessing that happened because I am supposed to wear a positioner in my mouth, but I never wear it, probably causing my left jaw shifting where it isn't supposed to move. Chances of getting TJM is very high if you keep doing what I am doing, but luckily, I am in the habit of stopping and deciding to finally wear my positioner every night and four hours during the day. If it helps, see a neighborhood doctor, dentist, or orthodontist. They will help you find the absolute best solution to your problem with your ears or jaws. Thanks for reading, and I hoped it helped you. Very Happy
|

replied October 21st, 2013
ear poping
for some wierd reason my ear randomly starts to itch, i put my finger in it (i cant fight the urdge) and it starts making a poping sound. i have no idea what it is but anyone who can tell me that would be great.

Wink
|
Quick Reply