Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

big aerolas and erect nipples

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
I have really big areolas and small nipples that even when stimulated they dont really get erect like the "gum drop" that you see in movies. Is it possible to get those types of "gum drop" nipples permanently or else with stimulation? I have looking to buy one of those nipple suckers and use a pump to stimulate but I don't know if I use that enough if my nipples would change permanently.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 22nd, 2008
Especially eHealthy
No. You can't change your nipples permanently. I don't even think there are surgeries that do that.

Why are you concerned about it?
|

User Profile
replied February 24th, 2008
Experienced User
I'm sure very few women actually have "gum drop" shaped nipples like you see in the movies
|

User Profile
replied February 25th, 2008
Supporter
i know what you mean. i always wanted big pointy-outy nipples like in the movies!! in fact when i was younger i thought all women looked like this, and the fact i didn't made me so self conscious that i actually bought one of those nipple vacuum pump things. don't bother. they are just a lot of hassle and it's absolutely impossible to go about your day when you've got them on. for one, they're too noticeable and they fall off, too. i used to wear them at night but it wasn't enough to see any permanent change. i gave up, i advise you to give up, too. just accept yourself as you are.

some women have flat nipples which become erect when stimulated or when it's cold. some women have erect nipples all the time. some women have flat nipples which stay flat all the time. it's not a problem, the only problem it may pose is when breasfeeding, but since your concerns are cosmetic, i'm assuming this isn't an issue for you. stop worrying about it and just learn to accept the things about yourself that you can't change. i'm sure you're beautiful just as you are Wink
|
Quick Reply