Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

too old for bc ?

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
Going to see my Gyno in a couple of months for my annual visit. I have been on the pill/patch and now the ring since i have been 17. Off a couple of times to have my girls. (now 16 and 11). I am now 45. When is it too old to use Birth Control? The doctor sees nothing wrong with me. I have been healthy, no problems. Thinking of going off the ring, and back to the pill with no periods? Like, do I really need a period at 45? LOL I was on the pill that gave you periods every 3 mos. did good with them., just hate the idea of popping those pills every night, cause I never remembered to take them at the same time. Love the ring, except for the many yeast infections I was getting and the occasional mood swings I get, but that might be from my Tinnitus, I get irritated too easily. Whats your opinions. Whos the oldest.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 21st, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
You are not too old! In fact, sometimes birth control is given to women who are going through menopause. As long as you are healthy, which you seem to be, I see absolutely no problem with it at all.
|
Did you find this post helpful?