Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

never had a girlfriend (Page 1)

Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....
I was depressed because i've never had a girlfriend. I still haven't. Last night someone told me that there wasn't a single thing that was atractive about me. And that none of his friends would ever associate with me or give me a chance. He's right. I'm alone and I always will be. This forum is stupid because nobody can help me or people like me. Girls are not capable of loving us. Nobody is. There is a word for people like me and it is ugly. Inside and outside. It's never going to get better.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Spekkio
|

User Profile
replied February 21st, 2008
Supporter
Hey.
How old are you?

I'm not going to give you the typical "you're young, it's all going to be ok" spiel. I used to think like you, and it did a lot of damage. I know that there's not much I can do for you directly, but I can listen.

It's difficult for us to rely on ourselves for our value. The truth is, though, that you can't rely on everyone else to gain a sense of self worth. So what? You haven't had a girlfriend yet. So what? One of your (I'm assuming) guy 'friends' said you weren't attractive, and that his friends wouldn't associate with you. Is that the type of person you want to rely on for a sense of worthiness? I hope not. The most important thing is to not let this wreck any aspirations you have for the future. Forfeit those, and it's hard to get back on track.

If you ever want to talk, don't be afraid to private message me!
|

replied July 8th, 2013
I never had a girlfriend and yeah, I experienced almost the same like guest91112. A friend(not really) insult me by saying, " Your face is not attractive and not even a single girl likes you..." To him it's probably a joke, but to me, it is insulting...it makes me down... But I just smiled and reply him, "Huuuh...(with a smile)" Yeah, I smile, but deep inside my heart I feel so sad...I'm 18 by the way...haha...like guest91112 said, a best word to describe about me is ugly...
|

replied February 21st, 2008
Experienced User
I've never had a girlfriend either, but I think talking to girls more improves my social skills and at least it makes me feel like I'm going somewhere, maybe try talking to girls more. Oh, and I'm 16 by the way.
|

replied February 24th, 2008
MMAFighter wrote:
I've never had a girlfriend either, but I think talking to girls more improves my social skills and at least it makes me feel like I'm going somewhere, maybe try talking to girls more. Oh, and I'm 16 by the way.

Come talk to me when your pushing 30.
|

Experienced User
Um, maybe you could try and seek a relationship through people you know and are acquainted with through your occupation? That might work
|

User Profile
Experienced User
Girlfriend
I am 35. I NEVER had a girlfriend until a few months ago. I met this girl about 2 and a half years ago and we had sex and she told me that she loved me and that just freaked me out!! No girl had EVER said that to me and meant it the way that she did!! She went off and had a baby and even got married. We started talking about a month and a half BEFORE she got married and she told me that she STILL loved me and she ALWAYS had. I took advantage of this and now we are together. She is going through a messy divorce and custody battle and I am suffering from Manic depression, Schitzophrenia, psychosis and to top it off I have a Massive Ruptured Disk and "many degenerating ones" in my back. ALL of this has added a strain on our relationship, but I digress.
My point is that you just NEVER GIVE UP. I never gave up, even when I LEFT after she said I LOVE YOU!! It was MY FAULT! I am NOT blaming you, but I am saying that you should perservere and get through this depression, take it hour by hour. Be yourself!! The one that you are meant to be with will find you, just keep living your life. It will happen my friend, I used to think just like you, now I am in love with the most beautiful woman in the world, I KNOW that is cliche, but I REALLY FEEL THAT WAY!! Hang in there my man!!
|

replied February 25th, 2008
Experienced User
Pushing 30...
Somehow, I have to agree with MMAFighter...I am pushing 30...I don't have a girlfriend...never had a girlfriend...and am dying to find one. Talking to girls does help at times. It gives me a confidence boost to know that someone takes enough interest, even it's not romantically, in me to actually talk to me.

Hang in there... I know it's difficult and I struggle with it my self. At some point, things would HAVE to get better.
|

replied February 26th, 2008
Supporter
You know what i love about this post?
It's real life. This is not the movies. Startling numbers of people are not in a relationship and never have been. There's NOTHING wrong with you.

But that's no consolation when couples have an annoying habit of flaunting themselves in front of you - everyone else seems more vibrant than you because you feel down/have nothing to offer (who are these people that tell you this? get away from them!).

I think that when your special girl finds you (and she will), you will treat her wonderfully. And that will make you worth more than all your so called friends put together. So there. :0)
|

replied February 26th, 2008
Hiya i'm a girl and i dont think anyone is ugly plus its not all about
what you look like its whats on the inside that counts if you want
you can chat to me here or via email my addy is (edited to remove personal information)
feel free to chat with me anytime there is someone out there
for everyone its just finding that right person
|
Users who thank jo_1982 for this post: OkayData 

replied September 29th, 2011
Ahhhhh!!!!!
Hi! Sometimes I feel like I'm not good enough, like I'm average. I feel like my "friends" hate me and sometimes I think I should cut myself. I want someone I can talk to. I need someone who cares for me, and understands. My boyfriend never talks to me. I am told I complain to much, my parents thought about getting a divorce multiple times, they say they are all right now, but I still don't trust them. My sister and I used to be really close, we would talk for hours on end. Now, she keeps secrets from me and won't talk about her personal life to me. I use sarcasm to fill up my life, and I'm never happy. I know that I'm hard on myself. But not now. I'm so young too. Its hard. I feel like there's no hope. I used to have a great relationship with God too. I have drifted away from Him, and I want to come back, but I'm scared. Am I weird? Should I just bottle this up and hide it?
|

replied February 27th, 2008
Experienced User
Re: You know what i love about this post?
georgina23 wrote:
I think that when your special girl finds you (and she will), you will treat her wonderfully. And that will make you worth more than all your so called friends put together. So there. :0)

That's a good way of saying it..."when your special girl finds you"...hehe...

She will have to find me as I am just too shy/low self esteemish to walk up to a girl and say "I like you...wanna like me?" Wink
|

replied February 27th, 2008
Supporter
And she will
:0)

x
|

replied March 20th, 2008
sorry to hear that..
Listen bro... Don't worry to much about getting a girlfriend. Look, everybody has that special person out there. Don't look for it, ya will find each other and ya will know just by a look of eye that ya like each other. Im going to be honest, people sometimes are ignorant. The person or people that have said that your ugly, dont listen to them, they will only like you if your cute. Everybody is ugly to others. But i ignore that. The girls that are really worth it are the ones that look inside, and they will see something cute and nice outside too. Don't worry about getting a girl, life is weird, if your looking for something, it will never arrive. I know that you think your old and you dont have a girl, listen you're not old. A good movie about that is "40 year old virgen".watch it is funny and rea.. and you will see that the only thing that made him think that he need a girl were his ignorant friends. Theirs alot of them these days. Just don't worry, look cool everyday, you can even try to talk to some of the girls that looks at you more than 3 times. Try, and if they say no, just listen to the way they say no. You probably will know that they mean it, cuz some girls just say no but is really a yes. I know, their mean nowadays. Don't worry dude. That girl, Is waiting for you, just be ready.
|

replied March 20th, 2008
oh another thing..
sometimes the cutest guy are sometimes jerks and stupid and dont even love that girl, they probably hit girls too and play them. This is something that alot of girls think. and is true.. is a fact that will always stay there.. Remember everybody is cute, just that some people want to hurt feelings because their consided, and think they all that. The cutest thing about a girl and a guy, is love bro. Keep this inside and you will have what you need in life.
|

replied May 6th, 2009
!
I think it's possible to be happy and not be a in a relationship. I'm not that experienced in this department, and really only have been in a relationship for a few weeks at most; but there's a certain freedom in not being in one. At the very least appreciate that; let that make you happy; happiness is attractive. More advice would be pointless; just enjoy whatever you can in life.
|

replied July 9th, 2009
There is no one in this world that is ugly, be it looks or personality!

You have your whole life to find that special somebody, love comes along eventually, and you will find it.

Give it time and that certain someone will come along,
And to them, you will be the most beautiful person, looks and personality.

Enjoy your life, live happy,and when its meant to happen you'll find her!
|

replied July 15th, 2009
What you need to do, is firstly be the best person you can be. If you think you're ugly, then do something about it! Most people are only average looking anyway. Go to the gym, workout, get a great physique, (if you don't already), fix up how you look, buy some stylish clothes that you look good on you. Once you feel good about yourself, this will shine through in your personality. Don't listen to people that put you down, they're not worth your time. Save your money, go travelling, find a hobby, do stuff you're interested in. Everyone can improve themselves. The more you get out and get a life, the more interesting you will become as a person, you'll have lots to talk about and people will love hearing your stories! I wish I could meet you because I'd LOVE to help!
|

replied July 15th, 2009
Experienced User
hi happyfoosball

i used to think exactly like u, my all friends have boyfriends and loads of stories to tell... until when i was 14... and suddenly i found guys going crazy for me.. where ever i go, i found guys and even girls looking at me admiringly... countless guys approached me but i was too shy and coward to talk.. i just ignored them all... and when my parents made me engaged with a guy who was 15 years older to me and didnt allow me to study any further when i was just too young.. it just shed my dreams... eventually my family had a biggest fight ever with my fiance's mom just before my wedding day... did hurt me a lot..disgraceful moments, but still i took it as a chance to good luck.. later in life i have got so many guys trying to have relationship... but every time they fooled me around and dumped me.. i cant tell u how it feels when u are betrayed by someone whom u are loving and thinkin of ur life partner.. i always wanted a true lover and life partner, but every time it's wrong. everyone tries to take wrong advantage of me... as i was virgin and naive that time... So many times being cheated i started thinking about suicide but thank God, Who didnt make me hopeless... Do think this way, What if so many girls would have come into your life and cheat u? it would make u feel forsaken and even worse that this. relationship is often destined to die before it flourishes and leaves its victims in the world of despair and gloom where they shed tears.

My first love was irreplaceable, second was almost a reflex action-a desperate attempt to fill the gap. Being dejected soul i badly need a companion to share my feelings and raise my shattered self-esteem with acceptance and emotional support. u know people easily fall in love in the rebound. Those who can afford, change their sweethearts with the change in fashion, mood and season. These pastimes continue until they tie a nuptial knot and some of them like to pursue the practice even after that.

I believe you'll get whatever is waiting for u. When ones supplication don't fulfilled they became gloomy, miserable and feeble but i think this way that when God don't fulfilled our supplication, then there must be something good for us in that unfulfilled act. u know i belive a person gets what is in store for him. so my bro, IF YOU 'RE SEEKING TRUE LOVE THEN WAIT, THE RIGHT WILL COME ALONG AT THE RIGHT TIME, NO ONE CAN STOP IT FROM HAPPENING".

lastly, now when m married with my true lover, i still feel rejected, betrayed and alone.. he masturbates fantasizing other woman in my absence. he told me he even fantasize other woman while having sex with me. so what do u call it? anyway it's life... u're just 30.. i fell for a guy aged 32 when i was just 19.. my friend's told me he just looked like a monster. but anyway dont underestimate yourself... it's just time.. Wait and try.

good luck to u
|

replied August 16th, 2009
Depression from not having a girlfriend EVER
Whoever says that not having a girlfriend is no big deal is wrong.Look im 21 and never had 1 and im feeling weak like im 60 old damnit because ive never had sex.Im a disgrace in my family.Ive started feeling intense envy over others since i was 5 old !Ive failed every single times for every girl i liked.Makes me sick when people with abilitys inferiour to mine are winning over me.What makes me more sick is those insolent girls that made fun of my weakness.One of them laughted at me for being virgin , the other one blowed every friend of mine and refused to blow me and when asked why? she said no matter what i do she will never blow me.You cant possibly imagine an athlete being insulted that way.If its not a big deal not having EVER a girlfriend,then explain me this.MAINLY Because of not having a girlfriend EVER the gunman in Virginia Tech Massacre killed 32 people.If you look at the events he first shoot a girl (he liked and tryed to interact with a month before the massacre) then he went to kill other people.Mainly the reason of those massacres is anger ( from being a victim of bully).Depression brings suicide tho.Not having a girlfriend can be a serious depression.

Im realy sorry to hear your in the 30s and no girlfriend , the pain in my stomach that ive collected since I was 14 is overwhelming ( thats the time I started feeling realy bad whitout a girlfriend) from 5-14 i was still feeling bad but not the same way since VERY few were able to win at that time.But from 14 every1 I knew had won.Big belly , not an athelete , fat . those are great qualitys people that manage to get a girl ( girls i found attractive and nice ) while I failed.Im just trying to imagine how my chances of winning would go WAY WAY DOWN if I would have added those 3 qualitys in my life.Im fit 160lbs and 6feet0.Always was an athelete and never had an inch of fat.I dont have an ugly face and its not perfect either its average.

Life is hard and it cant be helped.

Ive deticated myself in boxing lately it sure helping reducing my anger and pain.Everytime i punch my opponent i reduce my anger from inside me.While when i get hit ( not on purpose i realy try to not get hit) I reduce the pain in my body.But its still not enouth i get more pain by seeing couples or girls i like everyday than i can reduce my pain from fighting.I guess im not a very lucky person and i will live with big pain inside me...
|

User Profile
replied August 18th, 2009
I AM A GIRL AND YOU WILL FIND A GIRL FRIEND SOON ENOUGH DONT STRESS YOULL BE GOOD
|

User Profile
replied August 21st, 2009
Experienced User
I've had plenty of girls that said they loved me, i've had plenty of sex.
My point is girls come and go, i have'nt had sex in 4 years, it's not that i can't get a gf, it's because i'm choosey about who i like.
Plenty of women like me sure, but are they the right one? i just do'nt sleep with anyone,plus i'm kind of moody, they say i'm mean but they love it, i'm nice but a bad boy at the same time, they just love the contrast, i do'nt do whatever they say, but sometimes i will, i do'nt caiter them, but i want them to caiter to me, but sometimes i will caiter to them, idk they love my ways at the same time they hate it, lol
My point is your time will come, you will meet that someone,i think your socalled friend is no friend, i think he's jellious of you, i do'nt beleive his friends said any of that, i think one or two of his friends probably like you and he got jel, i've never seen you, but i'm sure you're not ugly, i think they told him you were cute and he got mad, it happens alot.
I had a friend tell me i was ugly because women were checking me out, he is a desperate person that women never talk to, so i laughed at him, yes in his face.
they love my no nonsence and street but nerdy ways, but they also say i'm good looking, even tho i can't see it, i know i'm not ugly but others see you in a different light, they think i'm soo cute But hang in there.
|
Quick Reply