Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > TMJ Forum

jaw feels out of place and clicking

i dont know much about tmj until i read some stuff about it when i noticed my jaw bugging me. I noticed last thrusday having sex(i dont know if that makes a difference) that my jaw felt kinda out of place. since friday morning whenever i open my mouth wide it moves over to my left side then i close it and i can feel and hear it go back in place or it might be clicking, i cant tell. And this morning i opened my mouth wide to fit a table spoon in my mouth then it was really hard to close it for a second and i heard a loud nosie. i have no idea what this is, and its really bugging me. even after kissing my bf i can hear it click or go back in place, not sure. and it does this when i chew, or open my mouth wide, i've been too scared to yawn cause i dont know how hard it is or uncomfatble it is going to be to close my mouth. im thinking of going to the clinic, but does this sound like TMJ or is there a chance this could be something else, this has never happened to me before, and im a 16 year old female if that matters. I noticed getting sick(sore throat/cough/cold) wednesday afternoon, the day before i noticed my jaw, so could that have any affected on my jaw, i just really noticed feeling well today. thank you.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 21st, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
you may want to get into a dentist to have your tmj checked out. get some heat on it and take it easy on your mouth for awhile. treat it like its sprained. It does sound like tmd. use heat on it and get into the clinic. let us know how it goes
|
Did you find this post helpful?