Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Community Chat Forum

Great News!!!! Small update on my parents.

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
So most of last year my mom was in and out of the hospital due to her heart conditions. Her last surgery seemed to have finally worked! She's on a bunch of meds, but they've decided she can stop taking 2 of those, and they've lowered the dose on another pill. She had a pace maker put in last year, and they said she might be able to have that shut off, so this is a huge deal! My mom looks fantastic! She's energetic like she used to be, and she's also lost weight. Before she was unable to lose weight, she retained so much fluid.....but she's lost around 60 or so pounds since her last bout in the hospital. I am so happy for my mom. I was beginning to think she'd never be her old self again.

My dad is still recovering from his cardiac arrest and heart attack, and he's not his old self anymore, but he's not doing too bad. He gets tired easily and he can't do a whole lot, like the simple things we take for granted (opening your bottled water, for example) His mood seems to be pretty chipper tho. I guess my dad isn't that young strong guy I've known my whole life...age has definitely taken a toll on him.
He is doing rehab a few times a week, and I think that's great for him. He wants to get one of the exercise bikes they have for home now. I'm glad to see that he hasn't given up, and he wants to work at his strength.

In other news, Adriana is almost 2 and I don't even know where that time has gone. It seems like just yesterday she was born, and now she's a toddler. Talking in complete sentences, counting, dressing herself, putting her own shoes on and just being her sassy little self. Who knew babies were born with an attitude!

Since I've gotten back from Mexico I haven't had much time to read or post much, but congrats to all the new mommies who've given birth....and to the ladies that are due soon, I hope you all have a fast and safe delivery!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 20th, 2008
Especially eHealthy
I'm glad to hear that your parents are doing better and it's good to hear from you!!!
|

Extremely eHealthy
wow thats good news.......happy for you
|

Especially eHealthy
that is fantastic about your mom! hopefully your dad will get better with time, but it's just great that he's here.

i can't believe adriana is almost 2. we need pictures!
|

Extremely eHealthy
Thanks for reading the story ladies!!

I have high hopes that my dad will get better with time. And your right, B....it's great that he's even here. I'm so thankful for that! Smile
Him and Adriana were at the clinic with my mom yesterday and he brought Adriana down to see me at work! He's so good with her!

I got her pics taken over the weekend, I'll post them as soon as I get 'em! I got the smile by wire, so they will come in before the actual prints.
|

User Profile
Active User, very eHealthy
Almost two? No way!

I'm so glad to hear that your parents are doing better Mandi!
|

Especially eHealthy
I'm glad they're both going up hill!!

You're so strong to manage them AND Adriana!!!

Sarah
|

User Profile
replied February 21st, 2008
Active User, very eHealthy
glad they are doing so well, your mum lost 60 pounds wow!
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
wow im glad you parents are doing awesome! Glad to see you around a bit. Crazy how fast time flies. You need to post pics of adriana! My son turns 3 this august and jordynne is already alost 14 mths old and its just crazy.
|

Extremely eHealthy
Wow thats awesome Mandi! I'm very glad to hear that!
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
That's great to hear! I hope that your dad continues to improve.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
That is a great update!! I hope things continue to go so well!

I can't believe she is almost 2. That is crazy. It's just about time for #2.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
That's great news! We need some Adriana pictures!!
|