Medical Questions > Parenting > Toddlers Forum

5 year old complains of pain around his penis

Must Read
Talking openly about the penis is a very personal matter. Learn basic penis anatomy to discuss penile disorders accurately with your doctor....
Penis symptoms that interfere with sexual activity or urination could be serious. Learn the signs and symptoms of penis problems that require a doctor's help....
How do urologists evaluate and diagnose painful penis? A penis disorder is a medical problem. Learn more about possible diagnoses for penis disorders now....
My 5 year old complains of pain around his penis that seems to be relieved when he goes potty. At first I thought he was having an erection caused by his need to go to the bathroom and waiting too long. Ultimately confusing the erection for pain. It seems that though some times this is the case at other times he does not experience the erection but still complains of the pain. We tested for a UTI with the test strips and it appears he does not have one. Not sure what else could cause it. Any ideas?? Confused
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 27th, 2008
Community Volunteer
You should probably take him to a doctor or urologist to find out what's going on. I would have figured it to be a UTI as well (the test strip could be giving a false result too). It's definitely not a good thing for him to be having pain there, so take him in as soon as you can.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply