Medical Questions > Parenting > Parenting Community Forum

Phthalate advice

Must Read
What is chicken pox? And what are the stages of the infection? Click here for chicken pox basics....
How does chicken pox spread? Click here for information on who is most at risk of contracting chicken pox and how children and adults get chicken pox....
What do chicken pox look like? We outline the signs and symptoms here with info on possible complications and when you should seek medical help for the pox....
User Profile
I know some of you moms are very environment and health conscious and I'm wondering what your take is on this new phthalate study they've come out with. I've used very little of the products listed on my child because she has very dry sensitive skin but I still have used them. Does anyone know any alternative products, say for washing hair, that are safer for use on babies and children? I have been using unscented, hypoallergenic soap on my daughter's hair but it doesn't really do a great job. I use olive oil and glaxalbase lotion to moisturize her skin. She's an unscented baby and she still smells great but I was considering putting a drop of lavender or lemon essential oil in her olive oil to scent it. I'm not sure how safe that is either.

Also, what kinds of containers do you use for storing water etc.?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 19th, 2008
Active User, very eHealthy
I have been and will continue to use baby lotion/shampoo on my daughter. We've all grown up on these products, and we're still alive. Plus, the study said there is no evidence of long-term effects.
|

Extremely eHealthy
Can you link me? I haven't heard anything.
|

User Profile
Experienced User
|