Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > TMJ Forum

massage therapy

hey everyone,
its been about 2 weeks with my mouthgaurd and i still havnt seen a difference. im thinking about trying to see someone to get a facial massage but im not really sure who i should see?
a massage therapist, a tmj specialst, etc?

any opinions about if i should do this?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 19th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
yes go for it--go not just for facial--go for whole body massage. you should ask your doctor for a referral to a massage therapist.
|

User Profile
replied March 6th, 2008
Supporter
Tmddyan wrote:
yes go for it--go not just for facial--go for whole body massage. you should ask your doctor for a referral to a massage therapist.

I went to chiropractor, wt ho manipulated and messaged some of the muslces. but the relief was short lasted and I do not think of me coming back to his officec. I do want to find a good message therapist just for my back and neck, it definetely helps reduce the tension. Even for that short period of time feeling better is amazing.
|

User Profile
replied March 7th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
they can do it but it isnt their specialty. My chiro does some deep muscle work on me too. It really does help. I was in massage therapy for quite a while. for me it only lasted about a day but that was because of the severity of the condition. its definatly worth it. find a good one and tell her about the tmd.
|

replied March 10th, 2008
chiropracter
I used a mouth guard for about 2 years and bit holes in it. It did not work at all for me. But everyone is different and I also had extremely stressful situations as a child.

I recently went to a chiropracter that believes in homeopathic remedies such as yoga and he was very gentle. My jaw felt better in 2 days but in 3 weeks i found myself wanting to go back to ease the pain again. Everything is connected so I found my lower back was stressed alot too. Afterwards I felt better.
|

User Profile
replied March 10th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
exactly what we mean. these people help immensly ---a lot of us use chiropractors
|

User Profile
replied February 24th, 2012
As an expert, I could say go to your trusted myoskeletal alignment experts.

Good luck!
|

replied March 1st, 2012
Hello, I also suffer from TMJ, I see a massage therapist and a chiropractor. Both seem to help, i began seeing both twice a week, and after a year i see them each once a month, and i have limited pain.
|
Tags: TMJ, tmj therapy
Quick Reply