Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Allergies Forum

Zyrtec works for cat allergies

Must Read
What causes allergies? We review risk factors and common allergens in this intro to allergies section....
What causes an allergy? Who is more likely to develop allergies? More here....
Which allergy symptoms are serious signs of allergic reaction and which are merely bothersome? Common types of allergy symptoms and allergic reactions here....
I found the answer. I hope. Seeing that Zyrtec was now available without a script, i tried it. This is my secong day. I feel great. No reaction, no side effects (its early yet) nothing... I was really worried that i would have had to get rid of my cat. One pill every 24 hours. It is expensive. A 5 blister pack is 5.99. But i do feel better. No more blowing my nose every 5 min. I sleep well at nite. I don't wake myself up by sneezing. I do use an air filter in the bedroom, that seems to help.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 26th, 2008
Experienced User
Are you using Zyrtec for your cat allergies all of the time?
|

replied February 26th, 2008
Experienced User
Zyrtec and Cats
I am very allergic to my cat, and stupid enough not to want to re home her. I know, i am my own worst enemy.

It almost came down to having to give her away. I saw Zyrtec on the market with no script needed. I was hesitant cuz they are pretty $$$$. I broke down and bought the 5 pack....$6.00 I gave it a try that nite around 7:30. I finally slept thru the nite!!! I woke up the next morn sort of holding my breath in anticipation of having to run for my Albuterol. I wondered how i managed to sleep comfortably thru the nite. That was 2 weeks ago. I have not used my rescue inhaler once in these past two weeks. Zyrtec is taken every 24 hours. I take mine at nite, about 7:30 and i am perfectly clear and not wheezing at all. I now swear by this med. I had some bad wheezing and breathing problems before this. I would hit my inhaler at least twice a day. No more. I am happy and rested. And i can keep my cat. Although this may not work for some, i strongly suggest that you at least give it a try. I won't hurt you, and there are no side effects.
|

replied April 28th, 2012
Generic
Try the generic. The one at costco is $16 for 365 pills!
|