Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Foot Disorders Forum

leg pain and feet feel swollen

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
I am a 50 year old woman and I am having problems with my feet. Both of my feet feel like they have a somewhat hard substance all bunched up inside of them. It feels like my feet are swollen up, but when I look at them and touch them with my fingers, they don't feel swollen to my touch. These sensations extend from the balls of both feet to the heel. While not painful, it is extremely uncomfortable. My feet feel like they are filling up with lumpy cement. I do have pain in both legs.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper lioness5775
|

replied August 15th, 2008
swollen balls of feet
sounds exactly what my husband is experiencing. have you found out what the cause is - if yes, please let us know.
|

replied February 19th, 2009
I am 50 year old female. I am experiencing a simular problem. My left leg "feels" swollen and tight, but it is not swollen and tight to the touch. The feeling starts at the knee and goes down to my foot. Went to doctor today, problem has been going on about 2-3 months. She doesn't have an answer. Sent me for blood work. Any suggestions anyone? 2-19-09
leftfoot
|

replied April 13th, 2010
Me too. I can't figure it. I am going to the Mayo clinic I think but my neurologist says it could be a nuerpathy disorder.
|

replied March 4th, 2011
FEET FEEL SWOLLEN
I am a 63 yr old male, experience same feeling, under foot feels swollen not sore, but uncomfortable, affecting balance at times on stairs, to look at my feet they appera normal no swelling around ankles or the foot itself. have been told that Vit C with bioflavanoids help but have not tried yet.
|

User Profile
replied March 5th, 2011
I have had plantar fasciitis in both feet. This is where the fasci on the sole of the foot becomes stretched and torn. The test for this is to push firmly on your sole on the heel nest to the arch. Also, the pain is much worse when you first stand up. It can be excruciating! I got some help ten years ago with orthotics for the shoes, a bit of electrical stimulation and stretching exercises, but the swelling continued until it was visible, and I had no arch left. I had to wear orthopedic shoes and wrap and pad my arches. The Naproxen I took messed up my stomach. I really suffered. However, I began getting relief when (after five years) I began using a mild detoxification program for my body, because I had cancer. After several months, I noticed my feet feeling better and better. Eventually, my arches began to appear. Now I can stand for two hours or more when before 10 minutes and I had to sit down. I gained even more weight due to my inactivity, so I had taken up water aerobics which I did for eleven years. Using gemmotherapy, I took common juniper, fig tree, silver birch and lime tree. I now know that certain foods inflame the body: white sugar, highly processed carbohydrates, red meat, and processed milk products. Avoid cheap shoes with little support, slippers, flip flops etc. I was told not to walk barefoot at all. Good shoes have a firm support to the back of the heel, they have adequate arch support, they do not twist at all in your hands and only bend where the foot bends -- that is right at the base of your toes. Hope this helps.
|
Tags: feet, swollen, woman, touch
Quick Reply