Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Epilepsy Forum

Making Verbal Noises While Seizing...

Must Read
Click here to learn more about what causes epilepsy and the different types of epilepsy. Start here to learn about the basics of this type of brain disorder. ...
Get the facts on epilepsy types. Identify signs & symptoms of epilepsy. We outline different types of epileptic seizures so you know when to seek help....
How can you know if you're having an epileptic seizure? We outline how doctors clinically diagnose epilepsy and other seizures here....
I have been told that I look like they exorcist movie when I have a gran mal and I make noises sometimes. I make moaning, groaning or whatever, as I am really seizing hard. I know sometimes when I am actually somewhat aware when I am fighting it, it hurts and I have heard myself. But I don't know unless I am told if I make noises after I give in and let it happen. Does anybody else make noises? Is this normal.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 4th, 2004
Active User, very eHealthy
My Bf
My boyfriend has epilepsy, and he makes noises. He usually just has staring spells, but he starts breathing funny, the worse the seizier (sp??) the more noise he makes. The first time I saw him have a bad one, I heard him before I saw him. I am sure its common.
|

replied May 4th, 2004
Experienced User
Hello
Sometimes when I have a real bad seizure I have been told I make a hight pitch squiel, like the old kettles when they boil, like letting off steam. I can feel this. It feels like its all comming out of my head. I also fight it all the time. Well I try to.When it takes me over I call it the lightening. I dont see anything else but black and lightening. After my arm is dead usually my left arm because I am on my left side. I hate it. Then a few moments later I regain my feeling in my arm. But I am still very weak. Also its as if I have been crying and crying. I always make werbal noises. When we tell our neuros they say nope. You cant talk during a seizure. And I have also been told I look like the exorcist. And now when I close my eyes to go to sleep.I feel like I am not me. I have mood swings, when I close my eyes I feel like my back wants to bend me in half or that I want to stand on the edge of my bed. Sometimes I feel like did I just do that to myself. And ppl around me say no way. No one could fake that. With every seizure I have its like a grand mal. And if my partner talks to me I can hear her, its like I still know I am not alone, otherwise I have no idea who is there because I cant see anything. I have my conciousness impared I think but I am not fully sure. I have no abnormal signs in eegs except for stress waves and I am healthy and still I cant get this thing under control. I still dont know what type of epileptic I am. But I am thinking I am partial. And that its very much to do with stress.
|

replied May 6th, 2004
My husband has this too. When he has seizures they are almost always grand mal. He makes noises also. I wonder if he can feel it, because he yells out in pain almost and cries really hard. One time he yelled the word "no" really loud. But his seizures are pretty violent and the worse they are the more noise he makes.
It didn't occur to me that he might be able to hear me during one until I read this thread. Next time i'm going to try to talk to him.
He is also sore for days afterwards, and has all kinds of rug burn, scrapes, bruises, unexplainable marks from just thrashing about.
Like another poster, they cant find anything wrong with him. They don't know why he has it or how he can rid it. But they do know he has tonic clonic.
Another thing, he was diagnosed with it at age 25. He has never had a seizure in his life, and at age 25 he had one... Was taken to the er, and they diagnosed it. He's had it ever since. He hates it as anyone would. I do what I can to support him and make him feel loved. And not to think about it so much.
|

replied May 7th, 2009
seizure
I suffer from grand mal seizures for 5 years now and when I start coming out of it my hearing is the first thing that comes back, but I'm not able to respond to anyone for minutes later. It's very frustrating. Has anyone else experience that?
|

replied February 19th, 2014
Verbal during seizures
My disabled son has been having seizures for the last few yrs that are so different to the ones he had when he was little. His child seizures were to do with sleeping, late at night, early morning or afternoon nap. He was unconscious and unresponsive. These ones that started in late 20's, he is awake and verbal. I have mentioned many times at Epilepsy Clinic about how strange it is that he complains it hurts, can't move, can't breathe....and they haven't taken me serious...one Dr even said it happens sometimes. This week I showed a Neurologist a video clip of his last seizure.....he told me it's not classic of epilepsy to speak during seizure.....I am so confused now as to what it is and to why they didn't say that before. Now I'm seeking other opinions as to what is going on.
|
Tags: Epilepsy
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Deepak Anvekar
User Profile
Harpreet Singh
User Profile