Medical Questions > Lifestyle > Fitness Forum

Sore Knee

Must Read
What is the medical definition of obesity? How is obesity different than being overweight. Basic medical facts on obesity here....
We review the simple cause of obesity here, and help you evaluate whether or not you are at risk of becoming obese. ...
Click here for basic signs of weight gain, and information on when to seek medical help if you think that you are becoming overweight....
I have noticed for the last two weeks that my left knee is quite sore when I kneel down on it. I did not injure it in any way it just happened one day and I don't know just what it might be. I exercise three times a week, no problem there, low maintenance. Doesn't hurt when I walk, exercise, climb stairs, just when I kneel down on it. I feel a sharp pain go thru my whole body and I have to get off of it fast. Then that area feels sort of numb. The pain seems to be on the left side of the knee. Any suggestions what this might be?

Sad
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Bettyjo
|

replied September 14th, 2003
Experienced User
You may have a pinched nerve. Does it hurt when you push around with your fingers? Is it on the side of your knee or on the top of your knee? Obviously kneeling on your knee adds more pressure and puts it in a position that walking, running and normal exercise wouldn't. I would get it checked out. You could have fluid in your knee, but I would think that would hurt with movement in general.

Best of luck
|

Sore Knee
The pain is only on the left side of the knee. It only hurts when I put pressure on it from kneeling down. Someone suggested it might be a bone chip which will dissintegrate in time. If it is a pinch nerve how would I have got that, then again if it is a bone chip, I don't know how I got that either. Maybe these things just come and go. I am in pretty good shape otherwise.
Smile
|

Well I use to have something like that when I would kneel I feelt like a spring I would bounce up I couldnt put alot of weight on my knee dont worry if its anything like mines it will eventually go away
|

replied October 27th, 2003
Leg/knee Problem
I am 54years old and I jog 4 miles 3 times a week which I have been doing for over 5 years now but about 5 days ago I started to get like a pressure or bloated feelin around my left knee. If I try to squat down I cannot close my left leg all the way without it feeling like there is alot of pressure. It seems to slowly get worse. I don't know if I should call a doctor or just wait and see if it goes away. There is a slight swelling above the knee. It doesn't really hurt unless I try to close my leg together. Also if I turn I can feel something like tendons or bone or something that maybe is not meshing right. Any ideas?
|

replied January 9th, 2004
15 Years Old And Have Knee Problems
I'm starting to think that maybe that my knees just werent made for doing many things they just dont want to cooperate most of the time....If I sit too long crosslegged my knees ache when I get up and I cant walk for about ten minutes its a very painful experience. If anyone maybe has any advice about this please tell me so then I might be able to get back to doing the regular things I used to do.! It would be very much appreciated!

Lisa
|
Quick Reply