Medical Questions > Mens Health > Mens Conditions Forum

Blood in underwear (Page 1)

Must Read
Millions of men experience prostate problems every year. But what defines prostate enlargement and how does the prostate grow as it enlarges?...
What puts a man at risk of having an enlarged prostate? And what causes the prostate to grow in the first place? Answer your questions here....
An enlarged prostate rarely occur before a man is 40. Learn the signs and symptoms BEFORE they occur. And know when to seek help for bothersome symptoms....
Hello,
I'm new to this forum, and I have a question relating to my husband.
Yesterday, we discovered a blood stain in his thermal underwear approximately the size of a quarter, maybe a little bit bigger, and there were bloody smudges as well. The blood was also discovered in his boxer shorts which he wore under the thermals, of course.
After much nonsensical arguing over where the blood stain came from, (he said he didn't know how it got there), we went to the emergency room to find out what it could be.
They examined him and found him to be 'healthy as a horse'; no reported pain, no blood in his urine, no lesions, no blood in his rectum or anywhere else in his genital area.
The best they could come up with is the possibility of him having hematuria.
I researched this and found he displayed none of the symptoms.
Is is possible for a man to have a bloody discharge without noticing it or displaying any symptoms? Is it blood or something else?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper RichardM
|

User Profile
replied February 15th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Was the blood red.. or dark.?
Red blood is usually a sign of a hemorrhoid. Sounds like he might have a hemorrhoid
.. But I would have him get a colonoscopy to be sure there isn't something going on in side..
|

replied February 15th, 2008
The blood was dark.
|

User Profile
replied February 16th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
I would set up a colonoscopy. Dark blood is a sign of something going on inside.. they will look at his colon.

I have had one.. they DO NOT HURT.. the prep it the hardest part just because you have to drink this stuff that cleans you our. But I hear they have a pill now..

He needs to go the doctor and have a colonoscopy..
|

replied February 16th, 2008
Thank you. He has an appointment to see a physician on Monday.
|

User Profile
replied March 8th, 2008
But amazingly the DOCTOR's didnt catch on to that.
|

User Profile
replied March 9th, 2008
Supporter
A TIP from the CLONOSCOPY MASTER!
My father passed away from colon cancer almost 2 years ago....whatever it is they give you, the gallon of water that taste like baking soda, the pills, the saline crap......you ONLY have to drink it until you start to POOP clear. Once you get to this stage...you are READY! Don't eat anything else before hand....as long as you can popp clear liquid, you are good to go. HAve already gone though this twice and the last few glasses eneded upcoming up through my nose and I blew chunks....I ahave finally learned this lesson....only until you are clear. Just trying to save some poor unfortutnate soul a more despairing afternoon! Its a piece of cake!
|

replied May 5th, 2008
Blood
When ejaculating red blood is present in the sperm
|

replied May 6th, 2008
Re: Blood
billtreleaven wrote:
When ejaculating red blood is present in the sperm

How often does this occur?
We've been married almost 15 years and I've never noticed anything like this.
Is it possible for this to occur if he's been masturbating or engaging in sexual activity with someone else?
I ask this because on this particular day there was no sexual activity between the two of us due to the fact that I discovered it before any intimacy could take place, and then we argued (he said he must have sat on some paint Confused )

It's been a couple of months, and to my knowledge the blood has not reappeared.
|

replied November 19th, 2009
Second time: Blood in my underwear is a mystery.
The reason I'm researching this subject, myself, is because -- like you described -- I looked down and discovered a "dime sized" drop of what appeared to be blood right where the head of my penis lays in my underwear.

This happened about 3 or 4 months ago, and I was quite worried, but then it never happened again and I pretty much forgot about it, .. until it just happened again this morning. The first time it happened, it was strangely bright red; this time it was darker as you would expect blood to change to after a short while.

I haven't had sex in over a year, so it certainly has nothing to do with that. So, unless you have other reasons to believe your husband isn't faithful, don't jump to any "sexual" conclusions about him, even though this seems unexplainable. I'm a very logical and thoughtful person, but I can't explain the logic of a spot of blood in my underwear without [at least that I can see] any other blood appearing in any other form.

Because of the blood's location, it's obvious it's got something to do with my penis; but my urine doesn't appear to be unusually colored and there wasn't any residual blood at the tip of my penis, so it is a puzzle to me.

I'm 54 years old and besides being about 40 pounds overweight, I'm in apparently good health, so this is a complete mystery to me. Since this is the 2nd time in 3 or 4 months, I can't ignore it now and am -- so far, unsuccessfully -- trying to find an answer on the internet.
|

replied December 27th, 2009
My situation is almost exactly the same as RichardM.
I'm 52 years old, and for me its the first time.
|

replied January 8th, 2010
I'm 23 yrs old, and my case is similar, or better still, the same as Richard M's. Pls i need a quick answer or solution to my problem.
|

replied January 25th, 2010
BLOOD IN UNDERWEAR
I'm a 54 year old male and today found blood in my underwear for the 3rd time. It's definitely coming from my anus, always in smallish amounts and is more of a reddish color than dark toned. I have seen postings on the internet suggesting having a colonoscopy done. I feel just fine and am unable to report any pains at all. I jog every other day and have for about a year and a half now.
|

replied January 28th, 2010
Blood on underwear
could it possibly be small kidney stones that you passed unknowingly ?
|

replied February 24th, 2010
BLOOD IN UNDERWEAR
I am 25 and found small spots of blood in my underwear right where my penis is as well. however I don't think it would be stones. i would think stone passing would leave some sign of clotted blood residue at the urethral opening. as would any bleeding. So It must be a discharge of fluid containing blood, thus not to leave a crust of dried blood on the penis. I would recommend a STI test just to be on the safe side. EVEN IF YOU ARE MONOGAMOUS OR NOT HAVING REGULAR SEX. A doctor will tell you the same. -hope this helped-
|

replied March 6th, 2010
spots of blood on underwear
Hi Wandas and doc, I ahve been having the exact same problem as described by Wandas in the beginning of thid discussion. Monday I realised there were spots of blood on my underwear from the waist band down to the part where mt testicles would rest on. There were no signs of cuts, legions, no bleeding fromt he anus or from the penis. So I am worried, clueless, where the hell could ti be coming from then? Yesterday is Friday and it still happens.
|

replied July 14th, 2010
spots of blood in someone`s underwear
it is a very perplexed problem ,, cause cases are alot ,, is there any pruritis ,did you make any stool analysis and saw the red blood cells count?,i wish i can help
|

replied July 14th, 2010
i mean anal or perianal pruritis (itching),try to put a toilet paper into half and roll it to make a cylinder then but it between butts right in front of anus.and tell me your notices ,,
|

replied July 22nd, 2010
blood stains in my underwear (men)
This morning i woke up after having sex last night with my wife, before i notice the blood i went to the restroom and took a quick urine, and i didnt notice nothing unusual, until i went to take a shower i saw red little bloody dots. like 3 or 4 dots. really small, i remember my penis being stuck to my underwear and me taking it off, but it always happens after sex, cuz the sperm dries off on my underwear and it gets stuck.. so i imagine that made it bleed a bit. what can it be?? im worried.. i had an STD before but it was cured, can they come back??
|

replied August 30th, 2010
Hi Wandas,

wondering if you have an update or a finding thereafter? It seems my 60 year old dad has the same symptom, just that the blood is lot more & he is still unable to understand the source yet. This has happenned second time in 2 years. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
|
12 >>