Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

might have HPV

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
'My doctor called me this morning and told me that my test came back positive for abnormal cells. She said it could be HPV. I got scheduled for a biopsy to see what it really is. She said it could have just been an infection I never cleared up but she wants me tested anyways. I'm devistated cause I read up on what HPV. Is. There is no cure, risk of cancer etc. but there are treatments which I don't kno if I can afford.

I don't kno know who I got it from, but all my other paps before my current boyfriend were clear. So I mite have gotten it from him and he mite not even know he has it. Or it might just have been dormant and finally popped up. I never noticed any warts, just a little discharge and an unbalanced PH down there.

So I'm hopeing its just an infection I had and they.ll give me something to clear it up. Or hopefully it.ll be a low risk HPV that I have. I'm scared I.ve never had an STD or anything before. Any body gone thru this?

Crying or Very sad
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 14th, 2008
no i'm sorry and hopefully its just an infection!when u said discharge did it have a colr/odor to it??
|

Experienced User
No, no blood or anything. It did have a stinky smell but it would only happen after I would have sex with my boyfriend and he.d ejeculate that's it.
Like when gravity takes over and it comes out it would smell. Maybe since I don't pee after sex it messed up my PH and I got an infection and didn't even know. But no weird color, itchy, bumpy nothing
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
It will be most likely hpv because hpv is extremely common. Don't worry about it. I have it too and it hasn't affected me for nothing. In fact it cleared on it's own without treatment. Just get it checked, don't miss your paps and you will be just fine.
|

replied February 17th, 2008
I've never had an experience with HPV, thankfully. Before I became sexually active, I started the vaccine, "Gardisil" I think it is? I was fortunate to be able to hear about it and receive it before I became active.

Hopefully, your test turns out fine - and if you do need treatment, there are always options available, so don't get discouraged.
|