Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

Off birth control pills, still no sex drive!

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
I had been on birth control pills for a year and half when I finally went off because of losing all of my previously wonderful sex drive (noticed this around six months), along with increased sexual pain and no lubrication. I was switched around to lots of pills, Alesse, Microgestin, Lutera, Ortho-Evra, and then Cyclessa before I went off 2 1/2 months ago. I've only noticed a decrease in the sexual pain caused by a slight improvement in lubrication. Before, we would try, and I would never get lubricated and it would hurt soo much and now it hurts initially but gets somewhat wet after a minute or so...still no desire or pleasure though. How long after going off birth control will it take for my sex drive to return?
Did you find this post helpful?
|