Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Urinary and Bladder Disorders Forum

need to pee every hour but clear uninalysis

Must Read
One in five women will develop a UTI during her life. But what are UTIs? and what causes this type of infection?...
Why are women more at risk of developing UTI than men? Read here for more on what causes urinary tract infections and what puts you at risk of UTI....
A UTI can affect the bladder, kidney, ureters and/or the urethra. Learn which symptoms indicate urinary tract infection, complications and when to seek help....
When I was a kid, I had to pee all the time. It never really went away as I still used the bathroom more than the average person, but I'm a small 22-year-old woman so I chalked it up to having a small bladder. I had a urinalysis done when I was a child and they said it was all in my mind. I had a urinalysis done a few months ago and they said they couldn't see anything wrong.

But lately, it's gotten to the point that it's ridiculous. I have to pee every hour or more in my waking moments and get up several times per night (about every hour) to pee. I don't drink too many liquids during the day (mostly juice but I'm not a big drinker... if anything I probably get dehydrated) but still end up having to pee all the time. My constant need to pee became exacerbated once I quit my job (I used to go up to 6 hours at my work without peeing) and ended up staying home most of the time and it seems to keep getting worse. It also isn't a trickle when I pee... it's about the normal amount of urine for me.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 15th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Did your doctor ever mention IC (Interstitial cystitis)?

This causes people to have the urge to go a lot, along with other symptoms such as pain.
|

replied March 3rd, 2008
Hmm
I agree with butterfly6169, it does sound a bit like IC. One thing I would reccomend is that you try to hold it in when you get the urge. You'll find that if you go every time you feel the urge, your bladder will gradually shrink over time and make the problem worse. However, if you can hold it in longer, it will cause your bladder to stretch back to a more normal size which will help to reduce your problem. You could also try getting yourself some Waterfall D-Mannose (I use it to keep what is otherwise constant bouts of cystitis at bay) and it will be pushed into your bladder wall the longer you hold it in, so when you go it will take any nasty bacteria with it which should help you alot too if it is IC related.

I hope that you are well again soon.

Chiyaki.
|

replied March 17th, 2008
same here
im also like you now i feel warmth and coldness in my sides around the rib area... i dont know what's going on now to me.... olease help me
|

replied March 19th, 2010
i have to pee nearly every hour also and i get pain in my pelvis its been going on for about a week now i have had cancer twice i had breast cancer then kidney cancer im now 54 not sure why this is now happening regards carol
|

replied April 15th, 2010
Experienced User
I too have to go about every hour. Sometimes in the morning after I first go, I have to go again 10 mins later or i will wet myself. Then some days I have no problem at all. My doctor has tried 4 different things, no better. Should i insist on cystoscopy (sp?) This has been going on for months. I also suffer digestive problems.
|

replied June 5th, 2012
Hi guys, im a 15 yr old boy, and i hv been havin d urge to urinate a lot, almost every half an hour to one hour(although i dont drink much water) but thankfully i dont have any pain*phew!* can some please help? I really hope i dont have diabetes!! D': im very worried!
|

replied October 24th, 2012
sometimes this can be caused by blackcurrant squash because the bladder does not likes the colour or it so try cutting down if you do drink it or quit compleatly and see how this affects you. i have this problem but with all drinks except water. try it it might help!
|