Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

Areas of my skin feeling numb and painful

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
Hi, I have had a few areas on the right side of my body mid torso on front and back that have gone numb on the skin. Bit of aching below skin, almost like the feeling after a limb "falls asleep" and then starts to wake back up. A few other similar areas on the outside of my right leg and outside of my right ankle. Otherwise feeling fine. but losing some sleep due to the mild pain and the constant feeling of like restless leg syndrome on my right side.
I'm thinking of visiting a chiropracter thinking I might be out of alignment
pinching nerves etc.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 5th, 2012
PLEASE HELP! Skin Problem with Finger cut and Raw Hamburg Meat.
I inflicted a small cut in my index finger cutting a bun. I put liquid bandage on it and went on with my day. Later that day I was working with raw hamburg meat and all of a sudden I had this red line form around the finger tip and it started working its way down to the base. All the while the skin became very tender and red. It finally stopped just past my middle knuckle but my finger has become numb, and the skin is constantly dry and dying. I have no fingerprint anymore, which certainly caused a problem on my fingerprint scanner access to my laptop. My knuckle is often very sore and painful. Why is my finger constantly numb and tingling. Why is the skin always dry and dying. I have bought skin creams with 20% Urea and it is useless.
PLEASE HELP! I want my finger back. I need the feeling back.
|
Did you find this post helpful?