Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Teen Pregnancy Forum

pregnancy test during spotting

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
I took a pregnancy test about 3 to 4 weeks ago during what was "supposed" to be my period. During that time i was just spotting and had a vaginal infection....the test turned out negative.

but now I've been bloated for days, even after eating right, excercising, and staying hydrated.
also I've been getting headaches, my breasts are sore and i've been getting really tired.

could i be pregnant?

oh, ps,

i'm on the pill and we use protecting, and have only had sex without the condom a few times....

what do you think>?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 13th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Have you tested since then? Are you considering that "spotting" to be a period, or are you considering your period to be a month late now?

The only way to know for sure is to get another test and take it EXACTLY as directed, i.e. first thing in the morning with your first urination, etc.
|

Especially eHealthy
Re: could i be pregnant?
sio wrote:

i'm on the pill and we use protecting, and have only had sex without the condom a few times....

what do you think>?

How long have you been on the pill? Why did you take a pregnancy test when you were 'on your period'? What kind of infection did you have? Was it treated with antibiotics?

Sore breasts can be a symptom of PMS and can be related to pill use as well as drinking a lot of caffeine. Headaches are not an early pregnancy symptom. And bloating is also a PMS symptom.

Sounds like you are going to start your period in a week to me.

If you don't start your period, take another test with first morning urine.

If you are using the birth control pills as prescribed, along with condoms, your pregnancy risk is quite low. Birth control pills also LIGHTEN periods.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Have you tested agian? Have you consistantly been on the pill? Do you have regular periods?
|