Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Hysterectomy for cysts and endometriosis

Must Read
What is endometriosis and where does it occur on a woman's body? We outline the basics of endometriosis here, a condition that can affect millions of women....
Endometriosis can cause infertility...but what are the reasons that a woman might experience this condition? And what puts you at higher risk for developing it?...
Early symptoms of endometriosis can seem normal. But when should you ask your doctor for help? We outline the problem signs and symptoms here....
I am 44 years old & have a history of cysts & endometriosis. Now that I am over 40 the doctors want to take everything out. They say there is a chance of overian cancer. I don't want to lose my sex drive, my moisture & my mind. Why is it only over 40 that makes them want to do this? I probably have had the cysts for a long time. "Now it's cancer". I just want to be normal in bed!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 24th, 2010
Hi there, thank you for posting your question. My answer is not intended as a substitute to visiting your own doctor but I hope I can be of some little help.

You will be normal in bed. Hay, stop fretting. Cross each bridge as you come to it. Many women who have had a total hysterectomy have perfectly normal sex lives afterwards. If there are any problems/issues they can be treated as they arise. This is not the end of you sex life my any manner or means.

Dr Andrew Rynne.

www.andrewrynne.com

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Sexual Health - Women , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.