Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Vision and Eye Disorders Forum

Exercises for a lazy eye.

Must Read
What is pink eye and how long is pink eye contagious? Basic facts on types of conjunctivitis and pink eye here....
Pink eye can be allergic, infectious or chemical. Details about what causes pink eye here....
What to do for pink eye? Learn to identify symptoms of pink eye first, and know when to seek medical help. Start understanding more here....
Hi,

I have a lazy eye and I hate it, is there anything that I can do to try and correct it, (at least a little)? For example daily exercises or maybe something else. If so can anyone recommend anything that I could try?

Also I'm currently 22 years old and was wondering if it's too late for any sort of corrective surgery, I know they are best done young?

Also, does anyone have any idea of the price of such operations?

Many Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 1st, 2009
Lazy eye excercise sugestions
Try covering your good eye and playing video games or coloring in coloring pages. Also when I was a kid they used to make someone sit in front of me with a pencil and I had to cover my good eye and follow the pencil. It gives youa bit of a headache but it always worked to strengthen the muscle.
|

User Profile
replied December 1st, 2009
Community Volunteer
This is curable if treated as a child...This way you cover one eye at a time with a patch...This forces you to use the lazy eye and build up strength...I have never heard anything positive about the surgery....I believe as you age that you can gain more control over this problem...Take care...

Caroline
|