I am 19 years old(will be 20 on March 14th). I have always been chunky, but getting worse after graduated high school (no more PE). I lost 15 lbs just eating better and exercising. I totally lost it and gained it back in like two weeks. I LOVE FOOD and I can't get away from it. I feel horrible, I love soda and fast food. I hate feeling like this, my mom is trying to reward me with anything money, clothes, love, anything. I don't care all I want is FOOD. How can I help myself, I can't do it but I need to. I need to lose about 60 lbs total. I hate my body, but love food. Any ideas ?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?
* I too would keep a journal of what I ate and make sure I know how many calories I ate.
* I also really recommend getting a "diet" book. The reason I put 'diet' into inverted commas is because I don't mean silly diets like cabbage soup/atkins/ect - no offence to anyone who follow them - because they tend to only work as quick fixes. Don't know about you, but I want a healthy body and I want it for life.
Try no-nonsense ones like Skinny !**@! by Rory Freedman and Kim Barnouin, one I have: Supermodel's Diet Secrets by Victoria Nixon - I finished reading that with a smile on my face. These books show you how to eat well without feeling deprived or let down at the end.
* Also think about one of those books which show you the calorie content of pretty much everything. Its a good investment =)
* Excersicing is really great too. It needn't be boring - do something you really enjoy. I have started trampolining, it fun and in ten minutes you benefit as much as a jogger would in 30! Its also a top cellulite buster!
* To break the habit of over-eating (not stopping when you're satisfied and eating because its there!) is to always, ALWAYS leave something on your plate. Its a childhood habit: where you always told to eat everything on your plate?
hello there i am currently suffering from obesity also like u i love my food ever so much but find that when i am motivated the weight comes instanty off me as one of my weight consutlants said to me once the weight wants to b off u and im sure it does i mean who wants to b fat no one well i dont and i want to do something about it u no the most important thing i am finding im my battle is to stay foccused and belive in myself and that i can do it im just as good as all them smaller boddied woman and just as beautiful and i deserve to b healthy just as much as the next person and guess wat so do u its a hard battle but im sure u and i and many others facing this demon can fight it cause if we want something bad enough anything is possible so how abuot we stay in touch and let me know how u are going on our journey to a new lifestyle xxxxxxx
Some short term diets are supposed to eliminate cravings. One in particular that I can tell you first hand is very difficult to get through but once you do it's so much easier to eat healthy... anyways it's called the detox diet. I'm currently on it and basically what you do is you give up meat (except fish) completely, also no dairy, no wheat, no sugar, no caffeine, and no alcohol but only for a week (which is no piece of cake) you just have to plan your meals and there are cereals you can eat made with corn meal and peanut butter and stuff that you can eat with soy milk also stock up on fish cause it's a lifesaver. I've heard from several sources that this diet helps you really overcome cravings and after 5 days it actually is starting to work for me as well. It is a little extreme so if you're not up for it just try to maybe give up some empty calories you might be consuming, like candy, soda or alcohol, and start to exercise for 30-90 minutes a day if you don't want to drastically alter your diet, you need to exercise lots.