Medical Questions > Mens Health > Testicles Forum

tortion pain in testicles ?

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
User Profile
The other day i masturbated several times. About 3 and i usually masturbate at least once a day. But sometimes i notice that when i masturbate a lot it causes pain in my testicles. The pain comes slowly useually. My testicle slowly gets swollen and then slowly gets unswollen. it lasts for about 2-3 days. The thing is im not 100% sure that masturbation is what causes it. From looking arround i found that it could be something serious called tortion. Im worried it could be this. Please help me! I just need to know if i should pay money to have it looked at. I think it will go away, and i think ive learned my lesson. but please tell me if there is any chance that in the next 2 days i could be seriously damaged by neglecting to see the doctor? im planning on waiting a few days and then if it still hurts as bad as it does now im going to go see a doctor. But any advise will help tho the faster the better! thanks for your time :)

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied February 20th, 2008
Testicles Answer A3700
If you were experiencing testicle torsion, the pain would be so great that you wouldn’t have time to write a question on internet but you would be asking for medical help desperately and as soon as possible. Torsion causes ischemia (infarct) of the testicle and ischemic pain is one of the greatest pains that exist. Excessive masturbation can also cause testicular pain but not even close to the pain that is experienced in cases of testicular torsion. You can decrease the frequency of masturbation and can consult a urologist about your testicular pain.

Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Testicles , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.