Medical Questions > Nutrition > Weight Loss Forum

High BMI exerscise plans

Must Read
What is metabolic syndrome and how is it characterized? Get started by learning more about metabolic or insulin resistance syndrome here....
Is insulin resistance related to metabolic syndrome? Does a poor diet cause metabolic syndrome? And are you at risk of developing this metabolic disorder?...
Does metabolic syndrome manifest any symptoms? Learn the characteristic signs and symptoms of metabolic problems, plus know when to seek medical help....
Hello,
My father is considered Obese with a estimated bmi of 33. He is 5' 8" and weighs about 215lbs. My father does not like the fact that he is obese and I think he is depressed about it. Before saying anything else I think I should give allitle bit of a medical backround listed: multiple neck surgeries along with a metal plate in his neck and a ready to bulge disk, he has a "bad back", surgery on both knees, very bad nerve and pain problems, lastly the medecine that he uses creates him tired and I think depressed. As that being said, the only safe exercise is walking. His main problem with eating is having to much and drinking 5-8 bottles of diet pepsie along with 1-3 bottles of beer per day. The food we have tried to keep under control and are doing reasonable on that part but the soda and beer is like a addiction with him. My family has tried to get him cut back on the pepsie and are having no luck what so ever. Essentially what I want to ask is how is the best way to stop or dramatically reduce the amount of soda intake per day because it is like a addiction? Along with this what diet and exerscise plans would best fit my father with having all the neck and back problems? I thank you all greatly and sorry for my poor grammer and hard to follow sentences.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 9th, 2008
Supporter
What about sparkling mineral water?

Also, has he been tested for diabetes?
|
Did you find this post helpful?