Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Back Pain Forum

Small hole near coccyx

Must Read
What structures make up the spine? We review basic spine anatomy here...before identifying potential causes of back pain....
Click here to learn about the most common causes of back pain, and things that increase your risk of backache. We cover lower back pain and upper back pain....
Back pain symptoms may seem obvious. But do you know when symptoms of back pain are more serious or when to see a doctor? Learn what action to take & when...
I have scoliosis ... but I don't know if it has anything to do with this. I've noticed that when I sit for long periods of time or lie down on the floor and do crunches, I get this acute pain near my coccyx (the lowest bone in the back). I just recently noticed that I actually have a small hole where the pain is. When the pain is bad, I can dab there with a tissue and I can see watery blood. The feeling is what I would imagine it would feel like if the coccyx were trying to poke through my skin.

Does anyone know what this is? It hurts terribly, and it's rather embarrassing.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper billbarilco
|
Users who thank turqoise for this post: bowsandhearts 

replied February 9th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
All I can advise you to do is get it looked at ASAP. Whatever it is, should not be there.

Carrie
|

User Profile
Active User, very eHealthy
turqoise
There nothing embarassing when it got something to do pain go and have it check maybe it could be nothing or maybe it could be something more, having blood coming out at places which is not suppose to come out it's not a good sign - to me. Take care.
|

Extremely eHealthy
scoliosis
As you may know is a bend in your spine in a certain area. Usually abnormal bend in the spinal cord. Mine is in the mid thorasic area. Do you know where yours is? Is it in the same area. Could be where the spine starts to bend out again at the end. You really need to have that looked at as soon a your possibly can. Probably nothing serious, but I aways rather err on the side to be sure.

Carrie
|

Experienced User
Some possibilities include pilonidal cyst (most likely) , erosion of the coccyx through the skin due to pressure on the coccyx when sitting (unlikely), fistula tract, furuncle.
|

Extremely eHealthy
algosdoc wrote:
Some possibilities include pilonidal cyst (most likely) , erosion of the coccyx through the skin due to pressure on the coccyx when sitting (unlikely), fistula tract, furuncle.

Now I must say I am starting to believe you are who you say you are. First thing I thought of was fistula. Good call! To young for a decubitus.

Carrie
|

replied March 8th, 2009
my boyfriend has got a lump the size of a golf ball on his lower back. at the top of his bum inbetween his bum cheeks there is a pin hole and there is blood coming out. when he presses the lump more and more blood is coming out. we are on holdiday in turkey and dojnt no what to do
|

replied March 8th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Your boyfriend needs to be seen by a doctor as soon as possible.

If you are unsure where to go, you could try the consulate office for the US.

good luck and get him to a doctor ASAP

Fran
|

replied March 27th, 2009
common
This is common. It hurts but many people have this and it seems to show up more in particular populations (southern and eastern european, mediterranean). It is a small drainage of the terminal vertebrae that can get infected. You should have it checked out but don't freak.
|

replied March 13th, 2010
Turqoise....Coccyx
Hi, Ive got the same pain right now but the pain use to come and go but since yesterday its been hurting like mad. i couldnt turn in bed proper and cant sit properly.

Turqoise please could you tell me what you did to get rid of the pain? did you go to the doctor?
|

replied April 24th, 2010
small hole lower back very pain full
I also have this pain and it has got worse the past 2 or 3 days very uncomfortable sitting or laying down it now apears to have a buble trying to come through realy worried and dont know what it could be........it is embarasing and if i could deal with it myself would rather do so i just need to find away to over come the pain as it is quite bad now
|

replied November 23rd, 2010
Extra hole and swelling
My hole has been apparent for a while without having excess pain. Last night i was rubbing the bottom of my back. As usual i have a swollen area after a work out. My hole which i thought was just a birth defect of some sorts started to exctete a thick paste with traces of blood. I dont think i have to be worried about it because i have felt this hole and dealt with this swollen area for a very long time. Please dont anyone worry. I am going to the Doctors tomorrow and i shall update this site as it has been the most informative.

James two bum-holes MacRae
|

replied September 23rd, 2012
the problem is guys that we are always trying something that we can't do or don't have the proper experience. I personally recommend starting with smaller size toys, and once you feel comfortable move up to a larger ones SLOWLY
|